Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Beach/Harbor?
[cool] Greetings fellow fisherpeople. I need some help finding Lindon Harbor at Utah Lake. What exit should I take and where do I go exactly? Any info that would help is appreciated. So far I have fished Lincoln Beach, Saratoga Springs and the pumps at the mouth of the Jordan but I have not caught anything. What type of bait works best on the Cats and the Bass? I am hoping my luck might change at Lindon.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'll paste in a copy of the directions at the end of this post. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For bait, use nighcrawlers for just about anything in the lake. In many cases you will catch more bullheads (mud cats) than anything else, but walleyes, white bass and channel cats also take them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have minnows or fresh carp meat, that will get more walleyes or channel cats. White bass also smack small pieces of carp meat pretty good. In fact, if you have some white bass meat, all species like that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Some days you will do well fishing around the shoreline on the inside of the harbor. Other times you will do better fishing on the wind-protected outside edges of the dikes. The north side of the north dike can be especially good for both channel cats and mudders.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be patient. Things are improving and should be even better by the end of this next week, if we continue to get some warm weather.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]DIRECTIONS:[/#0000ff]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]I-15 (north or south) to Lindon Exit 273 (600 So.). West to Geneva Rd. (Hwy 114). Right (north) under I-15 overpass to first light at 200 So. Turn left (west), go back over I-15, continue through industrial area to dead end at 2000 West. (at the garbage dump building). Turn left, go over railroad tracks and then follow the road (1600 N.) around to the right. After crossing the railroad tracks you will see the gate to Lindon Harbor straight ahead.[/blue][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue] [/blue][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]If you arrive early in the morning, before the gate and/or the fee station is open, you will have to undo the chain on the gate (no lock), drive up to the fee station and put $5 in a provided envelope. You just write your vehicle license number on the envelope and stick it in the box. [/blue][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue] [/blue][/size][/font]
[blue]There are “Port-A-Potties” at Lindon, but not the nice restroom facilities such as there are at most state parks. There is road access both to the north dike and along the south dike. Sometimes fishing is better out in the main lake, but you can often do well (especially at night) inside the harbor. Usually lots of mud cats (bullheads) and sometimes some good channel cats. Often there will be white bass and even the occasional walleye inside too. Those who know what they are doing get some decent crappies and largemouth inside the harbor, especially in the spring and again in the fall months.[/blue]
[signature]
If you are coming from Salt Lake area, go south on I-15 and exit at 1600 N. Orem exit (also the Lindon exit). Turn right from the off-ramp on 16th north and you will quickly hit Geneva road. Take another right on Geneva and head north for 4 blocks till you come to the next signal light. This is 2000 north Orem (200 south Lindon) you will take a left. Drive west for about a mile or so and the road T's at the transfer station (dump). Take a left at the dump and go south for a bit (less than a mile) the road crosses the rr tracks and curves sharply to the right (west). This takes you right into the harbor.

No keeping up with Tubedude[Tongue]
[signature]
[Wink] Thanks for the directions, it sounds like an area with pretty consistent fish. I will check it out, by the end of the month I will have fished all the main parts of the lake, I can wait to try Lindon, maybe Sunday.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You have not even scratched the surface of fishing spots around the lake. How about "The Knolls"...on the west side of the lake? How about American Fork Boat Harbor? There is some great fishing both inside and outside AF in the coming months. Same with Provo Boat Harbor (which you did not mention)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, at Lincoln Beach there are several defined areas, each with different fishing potential.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Too many places to fish and not enough time.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Wink] Thanks again TubeDude!! I did not realize there were so many spots to fish on Utah Lake. I guess I have many places to fish during the upcoming weeks, this month I am going to try and hit all the Utah Lake spots I can, once the snow melts up in the Mountiains I will be in the Uintas most of the time and of course Scofield Res. Thanks again
[signature]
[Wink] Thanks ScottyP, appreciate the directions. You use anything special to get the Cats?
[signature]