Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike
Been fishin at CJ the last couple of weekends, any sturgeon down below?
[signature]
First of all welcome to the site, how did you find BFT? If you are asking if there is are sturgeon below the dam, then the answer is yes. Have you been fishing for sturgeon at CJ lately? WH2
[signature]
Your question has already been answered, but I'll add a little to it. I've never fished for sturgeon below CJ strike but have heard a fair amount about it. It is a popular spot with sturgeon fishermen so expect plenty of company.
Sturgeon can be found any where in the Snake downstream of Shoshone Falls. There is also a small population that was planted below American Falls Reservoir. A few years ago one of these sturgeon turned up in an irrigation canal somewhere downstream. I think it was by Burley but don't remember the details. There are also a few sturgeon in the Salmon River and in other tributaries to the Snake.

Edited - I originally posted this under the wrong thread.
[signature]
Yea I have a few times already this year, but ever since the weather has gotten warmer the crowds have gotten bigger as well [:/] but the perch are still bitin like crazy
[signature]
I'm looking for some names or locations of decent campgrounds near/on CJ. I would like a place that has a boat launch and shower facilities. Any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
Thanks Kodiak,
I needed a direction to get started with and this looks like it will work. Thank you.
[signature]
I don't know much about CJ Strike, I'm sure some other others could give you some advise.
I hope you register a username and come back often.
[signature]
Great advise guys! I do indeed have a boat... A 21' voyager tripple pontoon boat with a 115 mercury! Should be able to find the other boats and just watch what they do...

Thanks for the tackle advice! I am off to walmart tonight to get some gear...

Pics will be posted of all the fish we are sure to catch!
[signature]
We caught one perch, a sunburn and a hangover (not on the water of course)... We also got a ticket for pulling a tube without a spotter...

Slow fishing but it was such a nice couple of days it didnt much matter, everything else was great!

We didnt see much perch being caught by the other boats so it was ok.... Pretty dirty water and it was HOT so I dont know if that made any difference?
[signature]
Sorry yall it took me so long to get back to ya, but yea Ive been fishin down below the dam off of the wooden bridge and also up on the lake by the dam and the black sands. Also, Im headed that way again tommrow and gonna try my luck, and Im sure Ill fair well

Heres a snap shot I got last time at sunset its pretty cool
[signature]