Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua report 5/7/06
My daughter and myself went to Mantua for a little look and to maybe drown a worm for awhile.The water is high and the gills aren't in yet. They don't have the dock secured to the ramp yet. It is anchored to the beach though.I got 1 bass she got 2. when the dock would move in the water we would cast out close to it and get a nibble or two. We fished from shore. One she caught was a real fatty, it was about a 12incher. Then there were some people down the way from us fishing and seen that we were hooking up with fish so our fishing was pretty much over. They moved right in and started casting right over our lines. The thing that ticks me off is, I have taught my kids and grandkids fishing etiquette why hasn't someone taught these poeple fishing etiquette.I don't beqrudge people fish, it is the tacticks that make me mad.All in all a good day to be outside.
[signature]
I'd imagine it will take another couple of weeks before the gills get active. Still lots of cold water coming into the ponds around here. Too bad about the rude fisherpeople, they can always throw a kink in the line.
[signature]
Folks that crowd ya like that really tick me off. Nowadays I just move on but 30+ years ago I used to carry an old beat up rod with a cheapo south bend reel spooled with, I think it was 30 lb. line in the trunk of the car. If it wasn't too big a hike to go get it, when some of those jerks got to crowding me I'd go get it. I had to have about a 4 oz. sinker to cast that stiff line but I'd bait it up & pitch out a poorly aimed cast then just wait. I could break most of 'em off, apologize & do it again. Chickensh--? Maybe, but it sure felt good & a lotta times they would move off. Got a couple lumps a time or two tho.
[signature]
I probably would of done the same thing 30 years ago also.I have mellowed with age.
[signature]