Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CANCELED ... Dinner On Ice ... CANCELED !!!
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]BFT friends (I hope you're still friends when I finish this post),[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The Dinner On Ice that so many plans have been made for and that I have been so looking forward to ... well, I'm calling it off.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The weather, as I seen on one forcast, is calling for morning rain and afternoon rain/snow mix on Strawberry Reservoir Saturday.[/size][/font]

[url "http://web.ksl.com/phputil/weather/weather_parse.php?place=strawberry+res"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]http://web.ksl.com/phputil/weather/weather_parse.php?place=strawberry+res[/size][/font][/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Because I fear that weather like that will turn many away and makes for difficult Dutch oven cooking conditions, I truly regret that I think the best thing to do is to reschedule the get together for another place and/or time. Strawberry is known for it's wind and add to that rain ... and ice fishing could get kind of lonely.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Several of you already, via posts or PMs, have indicated that you will not be attending. And I completely understand that. One PM to me hit the nail on the head when he described some likely scenerios:[/size][/font][/size][font "Arial"][size 2]

"First, people will see the weather and decide not to show. Second people will show but leave early due to the fact that they froze their buts off in the wind. I have spent many days on the ice in the wind and its not fun. I don't know many who would spend two hours on the ice with no sun and the wind ripping through their warmth. Add the chance of getting wet to that and people are gone. Third, people show, stick it out through the weather and freeze to death but due to wind and water the Dutch oven dinner doesn't work out ... won't cook right."[/size][/font][size 4]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]He pretty much hit the nail on the head. I would much rather put on a big feed when the weather was much better and all were more inclined to come and enjoy. No doubt, many of you would still go ... die-hards. And I respect that too. But the forecast has made it so that a good count of just how many to prepare for would be hard to get.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Weather forecasters are right about as much as they are wrong. Yup, that storm could roll back to Sunday and leave Saturday beautiful. Believe me, I have thought about all that. Everything considered, I've made my decision and I will have to live with it.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hopefully, all the plans and preparation that several of us have made won't be wasted ... I still would like to do it some day. Be thinking of some ideas ... maybe in the Spring, you all fishing out of boats and come in to the marina, under a pavilian, for dinner.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 2]PLEASE ... pass the word to those who might not see this post, that the DOI is officially OFF!.[/size][/#ff0000][/font][/size]
[signature]
I dont know anything about cooking with dutch ovens, but if the wind and rain causes a problem, thats too bad. Hey, I am up for rescheduling for anytime. I am just glad we have a guy willing to try to put on such an event. Thanks old coot. Hopefully we can get it togehter another time. Now, I could be one of those die hards who show up and give you my money even if the dinner doesnt wind up cooking, but then I have a shantee to keep me warm and out of the rain and wind.
[signature]
man, this sux. Of all the weekends for a storm to blow in! Oh well, we'll have to plan for some other time. You the chef and know what your ovens will and won't cook in. I'm still down for fishing though, anyone else?[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds reasonable to me. I would hate to invest money and effort and have it bomb out because of high winds and rain. I have no problem with your decision to cancel. Another day.........[/size][/font]
[signature]
It is unfortunate, but totally understandable.

Now, do I stay home, go to Strawberry anyway (I have a 4 wheel drive and a nice two-man shantee), or join the two groups that have invited me to go to Fish Lake? Heck, if the weather looked promising at all, I would even be tempted to break the boat out and try Bear Lake. Decisions... decisions.
[signature]
Let's plan a DOI for every weekend, we could sure use the moisture!!!!! Even if the weather doesn't pan out at least we will have plumper reservoirs, LOL.
[signature]
I will tell you what Teroy. If you know a place to get some of them muskies on your pick I will follow you to the ends of the earth but if not I am still down to go fishing anywhere. Any body else. I am thinking of maby taking my little boat down to utah lake sat. Not sure though.
[signature]
Hey Old Coot-
Just wanted to add my support about your decision. And to let the other folks on the board know that Old Coot takes this stuff very seriously, and for him to reach this decision was a "Big Deal". But based on all the factors that we could see, and from Private E-mails that Old COot had received, he came to this decision. In the Spring, we could have an "Old Coot Spring Fling Thing" or something, and I can promise you that he will go to just as much detail and worry then as he did for this event. And it will be worth it. Maybe in the Spring more people could make it as well, and then this thing could really be a big event for BFT too! It will definitely be worth the wait. Thanks again to Old Coot for trying.... [Smile]
[signature]
This really bites, I mean this really sux. I was really looking foward to this and now..... Well I will probably go up anyway. I dont have a ice shanty but I do know that if you wear enough clothing you will not get cold. dont know where we wil go but we are going fishing.
[signature]
I understand completely. Please let us know when the future date and place will be. I am looking forward to it.

tightline
[signature]
Hey OLD COOT: Just wanted to say, I agree with F4F, and back your decision 100%. We"re adaults here and savy about the weather, pluss after all we do need the moisture.[Wink]. I also do like the idea of a rain check (no pun intended).
Lets keep another day of food & fish"n on the burner, after all it really does sound FUN!!.[Smile]
[signature]

Thanks for the try COOT!!
I'm up for a rain check.I've been in your position before,Bummer place to be (wiper turn.) I will support next try.
[signature]
Understand completely . Till next time . Now I got to break the news to the boy . Tight lines
[signature]
Just our luck.. bluebird weather all year until something worth going to rolls around. Let's plan these every week and our drought worries will be over![Smile]
[signature]
[font "Zurich BlkEx BT"][#800000][size 2]Some of us are heading to Fishlake sat. We will meet at the Orem Center st 7-11(just off the freeway) at 3:30am and at 7am at Fishlake. Kent knows about the trip. He fished with us at the Ladders a few weeks ago.[/size][/#800000][/font]

[font "Zurich BlkEx BT"][#800000][size 2]tomegun[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
This works out for me since i have to work on that day anyway. we need the moisture too. but i think this is a more logical decision than forcing a issue that might make things a bit uncomfortable for everyone. I appreciate the chefs efforts for such a event. and ill be at the next one and make sure work wont interfere. just for the record wind hail rain or snow the fishing will get delivered, haha ill go no matter what the weather is.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Friends,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I hate to beat this to death any more than it already has, but I just wanted to get this post visable to all one more time just in case someone didn't see it earlier in the week. I sure hope someone don't go to the Berry tomorow (Saturday) expecting dinner to be there.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]All you die-hards still going down, give us a report when you get back. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The party was going to be soooo fun. I'm determined to make it up to you all.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey Coot, just cuz you aint cookin doesnt mean you cant come fishing[Wink]
[signature]
weather should be nice there saying now to
[signature]
Sorry to here the dinner is'nt going to happen tommorrow. I was looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks Coot for the effort anyway. Maybee some other time.

I'm headed to echo tommorrow if the weather turns out to be ok. Then i'm headed to sulfer creek on monday to check it out before the derby. I will post my reports when I get back.

Cableguy
[signature]