Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike
[font "Zurich BlkEx BT"][#800000][size 3]Hi, I'm looking for smallmouth information at CJ Strike. Is there an off-limit season and how far from Salt Lake is it, thx[/size][/#800000][/font]

[font "Zurich BlkEx BT"][#800000][size 3]tomegun [cool][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Your looking at a drive that
Will be about four hours
[signature]
strike is finished for bass now unless you catch them DEEP which i wouldnt waste the trip on. usually can start catching a few around early march and it picks up from there. if youre in SLC i would travel to powell instead. definitely not as cold as strike. strike water temp is about 40 right now.i bass fish strike probably 25 times a year and dont want to see you waste a trip now. smallies are on fire in may through october at strike.
[signature]
Strike is open year round, but the bass won't be active for at least 3 or 4 months, depending on the weather. This time of year it's all about trout and perch. The warmwater fish are are very sluggish and won't move far to chase a lure. If you do want to fish for bass, float and fly would be about your only hope.

It does hold some very nice bass, though. Smallmouth make up the majority of the bass I've seen caught there, but the few largemouth can get huge. I saw a largemouth at least 9 pounds caught there last spring. Can you believe the guy that kept it said they were going to eat it?
[signature]