Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey - Wednesday 5/17
I was working in the area so I stopped by Causey yesterday (Wednesday 5/17). I'd never been there before, but was impressed by this pretty little lake.

I only fished for a couple minutes but the water was all kinds of brown. There was a guy catching fingerlings where the river comes in below the Boy Scout camp. Also saw some boaters come in with a couple.

Just thought I'd post a pic for anyone who's interested. Muddy water!

lurechucker
[signature]
It sure is green up there and with all the run off the lake will be muddy for close to a month. In years past we use to take a small boat back into the two inlets at the East side of the lake, the catching can be hot around Memorial weekend. A friend has been trolling with nightcrawlers and picking up some nice cutts and bows up to 18 inches. It has been some years ago but there use to be some huge browns in there also. Thanks for posting the picture and the update.
[signature]
The water is alway muddy at runoff, but usually clears quickly. I'd guess another week or two and it should be fine, unless we get a lot of rain. Never know around here anymore.
[signature]