Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Reports....
I and I am sure Salmonegg would enjoy seeing some fishing reports coming in from recently visited Lakes by fellow Washington fisherpeoples.

So heres the Deal...

I will be offering up some ideas on prizes to whoever posts the most fishing reports by July 1st. That is a little over a month, so make sure you vote on prizes for this.

Prize Ideas...

Rapala Lures
Eagle Claw Combo Reels
Tackle Boxes
BFT Shirts and stickers

So lets get some reports coming in...
[signature]
Well you'll be hearing from me if I ever get my crap together. I'm currently living in Utah but am moving up to where my son is in Newport, Wa. Used to live in Cusick years ago and am real anxious to get back. It will hopefully be in the next month. Let you know when I arive. Al
[signature]
Newport isnt far from me at all. I live in Spokane. Be nice to get some Eastern Washinton people together for some fishing. Diamond Lake has some decent fishng from what I am told...

Hope your move goes well
[signature]
Im in. hope salt water posts count because I don't switch to spring kings in the fresh until June 1st...I do allot of fishing...I average right near 100 trips a year...salmon, steelhead, lings, crabs, shrimp, and some halibut, bass and trout...If I manage to win I would settle for A BFT t-shirt, I dont want to take advantage of the site generosity.. [signature]
[signature]
Try posting on the Idaho board...some of the guys from western Idaho might get up that way.
[signature]
I'm not sure what happened to Spokane Angler, I remember one of his last posts a while back when he said, sorry for being gone for a while, but I can't let 40+ tattoo's and a real bad attitude go to waste.[size 1] Hope that didn't catch up to him.[/size]
[signature]
Here is my report of my fishing trip to Lacamas Lake in SW Washington:
My first trip on freshwater in a boat. I have been on the bank and in my canoe, but this was my first boat outing.
Got to the lake about three PM the water temp was about 57. It was 52 out in the deepest part of the lake. We put the boat in at the new launch and then went to the end of the lake where the creek enters. The water is a little low and getting through the shallow part was a bit tricky we saw one boat run aground, but he got out with his paddle.
When we got to the other end of the lake, in a 90 Horsepower hurry, one boat told us they were catching trout on worms so I wormed up and dropped it down and my pal put a spinner on he got as a handout at the sportsman's show, about an inch and a half long, rainbow trout pattern. He got first fish. I switched to a small gold-colored kastmaster and that was the trick.
I caught four, OK I boated two, one got off due to a lack of net and the other jumped clean out of the water ten feet from the boat and spit the lure, it was more fun seeing that than catching the fish would have been!
I got big fish; 13 ounces, 14 inches. we both got two. He released both of his and I had one of mine for dinner...mmmmm.

Real good day. Three hours on the water. Shirt sleeve weather.
[signature]
Hi Spokane Angler, getting closer to home now lol, I live up Buck Creek by Deer Lake, was that just summer ??
what a winter last winter huh? I got 7 feet that condensed during a freeze/thaw/freeze into what I can only call a five foot deep glacier, was working solid weeks (live-in shifts) in Spo and when got home was nothing I could do about it, whole life locked in ice lol, had to motel it for weeks.

Had to use a pick to get my summer tires out in Apr, Still had snow behind my top in early June !! Scrambling to get ready for this one, already had some flakes in point forecast for tomorrow but was revised to rain after 11AM.

Really enjoy ice fishing too, am moved here from Aeneas Valley, Tonasket/Republic area and don't know any local spots yet (please anyone reading this willing to share such info., please send it private, such info has been known to be abused, i.e. published and whatnot, and thanks)

Just wanted to say hi.. BFS
[signature]
I know its an old thread but I had a rough couple of years and ended up having medical problems. I am back now and getting back into fishing. Been out a couple times last week with mediocre results. Taking my son in law out as much as possible.

Will be hitting a lake or 2 out by Cheney this up coming weekend.

Spokane_angler
[signature]
Looking to do some salmon fishing near enumclaw can you point me in the right direction of a good guide
[signature]