Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going cheap with fishfinder for my boat...
Hey guys, This sounds mighty tacky but I've found a way to use the Fishing Buddy II made by Bottomline that comes with sidefinder on my boat. This is a old fish finder that I usually used with my float tube,heh heh but...

what if it doesn't work? What I am trying to do is use a L-shaped sheet metal, and support it with wood to keep it from being flimsy. (It's strong now!) Then use a pair of 2 inch clamps and clamp it near my front trolling motor. Then use the fish finder clamp to tighten it to the L-shaped sheet metal. It looks pretty good on my boat now. Will this work? I am going to only use it at paint-drying speed trolling for walleyes.

Anybody out there ever trust fishing buddy II on the boats?
This is only temporary until I come into more $$, of course.

I'm thinking this way because since my boat already comes with the fishfinder by Hummingbird, but that brand's transducer goes to the back of the boat. I don't think that tranducer can transmit any fish in front of the boat, can it? I thought why not put something up the front of the boat.

Think this will work???
[signature]
Lots of guys use them on boats. Use em if you got em. Lots of guys think the fishing buddy;s are an inferior unit, I dont think so, sure they are short on power but what do you really expect from a couple c batteries? For thier design and price, they are the most mobile and contained unitl out there. I have one sitting in my basement, I know you can see your lure on them, they do pick up fish, and when you compare power, pixels and cone angle they are the same as any other unit in thier class. You just cant compare apples to carrots. Sure theres better, but sure it will work on your boat. I dont know if all that wood construction was needed, but hey its your rig. Have fun with it.
[signature]