Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua and kids 5-24-06
I took the kids up to Mantua and we had a pretty good time. We caught quite a few bluegill and one of my daughters had the bass pole. I think the first 3 fish she caught were bass, the biggest being about 10 inches. Quite fun on the Disney princess pole [cool]. We released almost all the fish. I let each of the kids keep one fish and then we also kept the ones that swallowed the hook.

We were just using worms under a bobber. We fished on the south side I believe just a bit past the VERY large mat of weeds. They have to do something with those weeds up there. There is not much area to take a boat, luckily I just have a very small boat and can paddle if need be.
[signature]
Nice post! Yes, unfortunately every summer we have that problem with the weeks. I guess there's no getting around that scenario with the lake being as shallow as it is. A boat for that lake is a must!

Glad you all had fun!

Derek
[signature]
[cool]Or...as evidenced by TubeDude's report, a float tube or pontoon will do just fine...I plan to prove that really soon. Gotta go get me some of those tasty bluegills and perchies...
[signature]