Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE 5/27/06
TROLLING - HOOKED UP WITH 5 MAC AND 2 CUTTS. THE SUCKERS ARE SPAWNING IN THE ROCKS ALONG SHORE. IT WAS SLOW FISHING BUT A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF MACS WHILE THE CUTTS ARE UP STREAM DOING THEIR THING. FOUND A SPOT IN IDAHO LAST WEEKEND @ 50 FT WHERE I HOOKED UP WITH 2 HUGE FISH (LOST'M) JUST TRYING TO STAY OUT OF THE WIND.
I RETURNED WITH GREAT SUCCESS FROM 22 FT TO 50 FT THIS WEEK. JUST DID FIGURE 8'S FROM 50 TO 22 TO 50 TO 22......ETC
BAIT FISH SUSPENDED AT 15 FT AND CARNIVORS JUST BELOW THEM DOWN TO 40 FT. IF YOU HIT BOTTOM YOUR LURE HOOKS LOAD UP WITH LITTLE SHELLS (NOT SALAD). GREAT ACTION FROM 1 PM TO 5 PM. SHOWED 2 TO FISH1ON WHILE RETURNING HOME. HI 'RILEY'.
[signature]
[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue] Hey there 394 Bull,

Glad you caught some fish Tommy. I will be up next Friday. I will check out some photos then.

Take care buddy.

RILEY
[signature]
Hey Tommy,

Thanks for stopping bye to show those beaut's off. Now that the wife has seen what can come out of that lake maybe she will let me get a nicer boat....LOL

No sure if I will be up next weekend or not as of yet. I will have to pass on the DU banquet this year though. Maybe next year I will join you all.

My son landed 30 of those suckers and carp in two days off the rocks at the state marina. He is an addict when it comes to hooking them lippy buggers. As for me...well, I casted every spinner and spoon I own in hopes of a cutt or mack cruising by but empty handed yet again. I did get a couple carp on my #5 mepps in a perch pattern, dang things will eat anything.
[signature]