Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek report
I was up there Sat. It was a little slow. I started with a white sparkle jig and a white feather jig (tube dude made them). They caught me 5 fish before my friend could drill his hole and get down to the bottom. I tipped them with nightcrawler. We started in about 25' of water on the south east corner near the dam. It slowed down very fast and we then moved out to about 45' and caught a couple more right off the bat. They were near the bottom. Then it slowed down again and I changed to a Green foxy jig and a small glow in the dark skirted jig, it was the smallest jig I had in glow in the dark. Caught a couple more but by now they had gotten very finikey. I had to be with in 3-5 inches off the bottom. I picked up a couple more and they changed on me again. I now had to jig it up and down and nearly bounce my jig off the bottom. That got me 3 more fish. It was about 10:00 am and my friend had just caught his first fish. He was in about 35' of water. He then caught five fish in a row and I had not got a bite. I then moved to about 30' and picked up 4 more. They destroyed my jig by now and I did not have any more of those jigs. I then put a green fire fly on (the smallest they make) and pulled in about 5 more till we left around 2:00pm. By that time the fish realy liked it bounced up and down a lot. I put my smaller jig on the bottom and my upper jig about 12" up the line. The best news of all is the gate was open so we did not have to drag our sleds up the snowless road to the dam. I don't know if it will stay open with the snow. There were four wheelers on the ice also, the ice was about 8" thick. Most of the fish were 12".
[signature]

[Smile] R.S.
Doesn't sound like a bad day at all.Unless you have been catching Too many fish in the past.
Looks like Lost Creek is still our bright spot.
[signature]
Last time I was up there it was alot faster, but it to had a couple of slow times. I guess I had my hopes set a little to high.
[signature]