Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 6/12 with the dogs.
Spent a half day on the pond. Had better success from the shore than in the tube. Ever try fishing with 2 goldens swimming around yuh and trying to use your fins as a rest place or a launching platform? [unsure] Am baby sitting another golden, thus two. Guess I can't complain, caught 8-10 bass, nothing of much size, a couple about 12-13 in., and a bunch of small blues. I went there to enjoy the dogs and the water so it was a complete success.[Smile]
Leaky
[cool]Nice report, Leaky! I'm looking forward to ditching the home improvement/getting settled in crap for some Mantua fishing on the 30th. I know you were probably using the Maniac Reapers for the largies, but what were you using for the bluegills? Just curious...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm guessing that your "dog lover" buddy wasn't on the bank.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you were able to get in some good times.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Actually, I never got to em. I probably should have! I tried a little itty bitty Berkley plastic nymph and never switched. Probably would have had better luck for bass, huh.
Leaky
Shame on you Leaky, I thought you knew better! LoL!!
Just wait untill you see the new reaper design !
Thanks for the report Leaky.
The last time I was at Mantua, I caught a lot of small Bass on the maniac minnow rigged on a drop shot, but the biggest was caught on the new reaper, texas style.
James
[signature]
Sorry about that bud.[unsure] I have been using em on the Pine and plan to use em at the Gorge and on the Snake. I promiss to use em the next time at Mantua. [sly] I still split the tail for more action. I'd like to see the new reaper!!!!! Is it on the web site yet. I'll look for it.
Leaky
Hey Fred,

Sounds like you had a great time. Is the other golden as "energetic" as sparky? Thanks for the update.
[signature]
I was just kidding, there Leaky!
The new reapers haven't been added to the site yet,we are working on the production mold. We are hoping to have them in production by July, but that depends on the machine shop!
The reports on the Gorge for Smallies has been good, but there is a ton of males up shallow as usual.

James
[signature]