Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey report 6-20
Decided another Causey trip was in order this morning, so I loaded up the kids and headed up. It was much slower this week, but we managed a few fish, so no worries there. Just more little fish today. Today they wanted the bait on the bottom, as we couldn't buy a bite under a bobber. Here is a dink splake my daughter caught.
[inline elcausesplake.jpg]

I've never caught one of these out of there....I didn't even know they were in there! Stupid little chubs. I was quite surprised when I brought him to shore. Of course he was treated like I treat all chubs! Does anyone know if it is a Utah Chub?
[inline causechub.jpg]

Was another beautiful morning up at Causey. Sure nice to get out.
[signature]
Nice report Brandon, thanks for sharing. Your little girl sure looks like she's having a good time. Too bad about the chub though. Never knew they were in there.
[signature]
Looks like a redside shiner to me. I didn't know there were any in causey though. There has never been a good forage base in there.
[signature]
I thought at first it might be a shiner, but it had no red on it anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's a type of chub.
[signature]
Nice report. That's a wierd looking little fishy you caught there. Looks like a shinner, but no coloration at all... Weird. I bet he made good bait, though!
[signature]
I wasn't expecting to catch any bait, so I didn't have my supplies with me to treat him properly...so he had to be dispatched.
[signature]
Looks alot like an Emerald Shiner to me. Boy it sure is fat though. No matter what it is it will be nice to have a forage fish in there beside the Kokes. I don't like bucket biologists, but I go out of my way to fish lakes that contain a large amount of chubs and shiners. Nothing like wild fish that are well fed on chubs and or shiners.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I think I have a good answer about the minnow. I think it is a chub in spawning colors. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I just got back from harvesting a quantity of chubs and quite a few of them looked similar to the one in your pic. Also, some had lots of eggs and others were skinny...indicating a spawning thing going on.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Makes sense. The mouth/head was chubbish, but the colors threw me for a loop.
[signature]