Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anchor?
Back when I used to tube, I would carry a small mesh bag (like a laundry bag), fill it with rocks as a wind and wave anchor to keep me on a spot. Today I grabbed some 4.4lb barbell weights at the local thrift store.....I'm thinking about using one as a tube anchor, but am curious to hear opinions on this before I haul one out on the tube. I was thinking I would use a small piece of chain through the barbell-hole, or just tie a rope right to it.
Thoughts?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have tried several types of anchors for my tubes, including the bag of rocks. You can use anything that will hold you in the breeze and is not too bulky and heavy to keep on board when you are not using it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I do not use anchors much. If it becomes too windy to hold myself in place with fins, I get off the water. I also do not like them when fishing for larger fish (big trout, catfish, etc.) that tend to run around your tube. It doesn't take much to get one tangled around your rope and it is tough to pull that rope with one hand while concentrating on fighting a big fish with the other.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3]This is what we use. Adding more links of chain if we need too. We fish from Pontoons mostly, but he used this on his SFC also.[/size][/purple][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3][/size][/purple][/font]
[inline anchor.jpg]
[signature]
Do you carry the extra links of chain with you? Or do you add them before you leave the shore?
[signature]
Add or subtract before we leave shore, by looking at the water and how windy it is determines the amount of chain. If the wind picks up during the day, just head shore and add more if needed.
Don't wanna be packing more than you need to is my way of life[Wink]
[signature]
I have one of those anchors in a bag that they sell for tubes. It looks like a mini ships anchor and is easy to use. I like it because it is very small and easy to carry since I don't use it much.
[signature]
Nice bass! Looks like a nice lake, too.

zonker
[signature]