Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 7/1/06
Took my son and a buddy up to East Canyon to try for some trout. We got a late start but was on the water by 8:00. Fishing sucked, we never even had a hit. I only saw three other fish caught all morning and I think two of those were bass (the guy was on the bow casting and I just saw him boat and release them. We tried just about any lure we could find. We trolled around the marina and then went around the dam and all the way down to the campground and back to the marina. There were a few places where the fish were really think on the finder and I'm guessing they were bass. Most of the other fish were singles and pairs and all 20' or less.

Those ignorant water skiers were all over by 11:00. I had one lady ski close enough to us that I could see she had blue eyes, she would have hit my planer board but I tink she saw it at the last minute. We also had one jackass in a huge cabin cruiser pulling one of those kite tubes come within 30-40' making a HUGE wave. I'm glad wew were not in my boat, or we would have been swimming. Oh, on the way down the canyon, we passed an ambulance with the lights and sirens blaring. Gee, I can't imagine how someone could have been hurt up there!

Hey UtahSteelHeader- we sure could use some of those150'- sign up there! I liked the idea of having them at all the state parks. I'm sure it wont cure the problem, but it might make some people aware of the laws.
[signature]
I hear ya Elk. The problem only seems to be getting worse. I spend most of the time just trying to stay the hell outta the way. Even that has become increasingly difficult. All we can do is fish on..
[signature]
When you go in the state parks ask for a phone # you can call if you need help from the state parks people.... and take pictures and boat # all will help.... If the fisherman report the law brakers it will make things better..... Its up to you...

[signature]
East canyon can be a bear when there are a ton of skiers out there. Too bad the fishing was so terrible for ya.
[signature]
They have those 150' signs at Pineview port ramp
[signature]
Sorry to hear the E.C. trip was so S%&$Y we stayed up at pineview til saturday, still not much luck just the 1 musky. Are you gonna bring the fam on the forth? I'm gettin all the bbq stuff ready, Bass_turd is bringin the burgers from his housewarming, should be a good time!
Send mre a pm and we'll figure things out!
[signature]