Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Fishing Trip
Kodiack, & Aluma165, we had a great second day on Anderson as well. The wife and I boated probably 50 Kokanee on day 2. We kept 40 that averaged around 13 inches, with some of the larger ones closer to 15 inches. You were right the skiers were terrible on day two. We spent about 7 hrs on the water from 7 A.M. untill 2 P.M. We fished the mouth Of Lime Creek in to the bridge tolling red wedding bands behind SEPs 3 blade flashers tipped with shoepeg corn. Trolling speed 1.5 mph and varying the depths on the down riggers from 12 feet down to 20. Guest asked me about filleting the 31 Kokanee the day before if it was much of a job. I use an electric knife for all my filleting. I doubt if it took me more than 45 minutes on the first day and maybe an hour on the second days fish, I don't take the skin off the Kokanee as we like to smoke them and they smoke better with the skin on. Sunday we headed for C.J. Strike for some Perch Jerking with my Cuz from Mt. Home. Three of us fished for 4 hrs. and brought home 75 perch. They ran from 10 1/2 to 13 inches. We caught them vertical jigging with cut bait in 14 to 18 feet of water. All in all it has been a great trip for 3 days of fishing in your great State. The weather got a little wild here in Mt. Home Sunday evening with high winds and branches being blown off trees and power outage for a short period of time. Thanks again for the info you BFT'Rs furnished us and I hope the info I returned will help you out some. Have a great 4th and "Tight Lines"[cool]
[signature]
Way to go Packfan, some smoked fish sounds so good right now. Great report and your right about the nasty weather tonight. I got to work and we have power outages all over and a few dams tripping off line. What a zoo!
Happy 4th and enjoy your Kokes/perch.
[signature]
Kodiak, I did go back to my old way of catching the Kokanee with out the flashers on day two and I caught just as many Kokes as the wife. They seemed to like red so,I switched to a lighter rod with 6 lb. test mono and attached a #1 Needle Fish in Red with the little silver flasher blade and a small swivel and they hit just as well and I didn't have to mess with the flashers or rebaiting with the corn. I usually don't use flashers when I can catch them with out dragging that stuff thru the water. I have had people come over and ask how I can catch Kokanee without using flashers and I tell them I have been doing it for years, sometimes it even out fishes the different types of pop gear. I never did try flouresent green as this is a favorite color of mine in the old tripple teaser or needle fish. I would like to go back and fish Anderson again this year for the Kokes but I drew a Limited Entry Elk Tag for one of the better areas in Utah this year and I need to start spending some time scouting for a good bull. Let me know how you did at Anderson, and give Lime creek a try. We never left there Sat. and we caught 40 that we kept. You will catch some smaller ones about 9-10 inches but we would shake them off the hooks back in to the lake. Even with the skiers ripping back and forth in there I stayed at 12-15 feet with the down rigger. I trolled close to shore and out in the middle and it didn't seem to matter, they were all over, we doubled quite often. We never did catch a trout in two days but that was fine with us because we like the Kokes better anyway.[cool]
[signature]
Great reports Packfan and Kodiak. Guess I need to put Anderson Ranch on my short list. Burt in Boise
[signature]