Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing at Lost creek 02/08/03
My partner and I fished Lost creek yesterday, we saw Predator and his Dad there also. We arrived around 8am and there were already a few cars there. We fished by the dam in 40ft of water and caught fish fairly steady until the sun hit the area where we were at. We moved closer to the dam to 15ft of water and keep catching fish until we left a little after 12 noon. The bigger fish were caught in the deeper water and were 9 to 11 inches, when we moved the fish were smaller as we got closer to the dam, 4 to 9 inches. White jigs worked the best, tipped with a wax worm or power bait. Thanks for the Water Cricket Predator it worked great. When we left there were around 20 cars and we saw more arriving as we left. Nice day on the ice but boy was it cold until the sun came up. WH2
[signature]
Can you still drive upto or over the dam to the boat ramp?
[signature]
Yep, drive right to the dam. The left side gate is open. The fishing was pretty good there before the sun came up but man was it cold. I actually spent half the time talking to WH2 while my dad was ripping them up. But thats ok, there just little ones anyways.
[signature]
Yes the road is open to the dam and over but i'm not sure if it is open all the way to the boat ramp. There were people driving in that direction and going over the top of the hill, there was 4 or 5 inches of fresh snow. WH2
[signature]
Thanks. Looks like it’s time for a trip to Lost creek this week, if I can find a day with good weather.[Smile]
[signature]