Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent fishing reports for Island Park Res or Henry's Lake?
My family is headed up to the cabin next week for 5 days in Island Park. I was just wondering if anyone has been fishing IP or Henry's lately and what the latest reports are saying. Any recent info is appreciated!
[signature]
I hear that the fishing at Henry's is early morning and later evening, the days are tough.
[signature]
My brother drove around the lake Tuesday- said there was one boat on the lake - that's it.
[signature]
Good Morning,
It has been very warm up in that area during July and the fishing has slowed significantly for that reason. We need some cooler days! Don't know if August will cooperate, those days are usually the "dog days" of summer[unsure]

I would suggest waiting till we get a touch of fall in the air. Fishing should be great on Henrys Lake, in particular, come fall.

visit my forums (their new) for more info.
[url "http://GrandpaGrubsfishingforum.activeboard.com"]http://GrandpaGrubsfishingforum.activeboard.com[/url]
[signature]
Just came back Monday from Henry's Lake. I fished Saturday and Sunday with minimal success. Saturday didn't get so much as a nibble. Talked to some guys at the State Park campground Saturday evening that caught 1 about 18-20 inches and lost one real big one on brass spoons. Went out Sunday morning and tried a little of everything with no success. Went back out Sunday evening and finally caught 2 cutts. 1 was about 7 inches and the other was 19 inches long, had a few more hits but no hook-ups. I was fishing right in front of the state park in about 5-6 feet of water using a brass colored mepps size 0 spinner. There was a lot of fly fisherman straight out on the lake from the state park on Sunday but didn't see anyone catch anything while I was there.
[signature]
Thanks all for the updates. Just got back last night from Idaho.... Spent all our time at Island Park Res and the action was good enough that we never got over to Henry's Lake. We caught some good fish in the 3-4 pound range using wooley bugger patterns from our tubes and using other standard baits (PB and worms). Its nice to finally have some water in the reservoir.
[signature]
Hey BigCat,

Just wondering what general area of Island Park you were fishing? No specifics. I just have not done well the last several times I have tubed at IP. Thanks for any info you could offer.

Windriver
[signature]
windriver,
sent you a PM
[signature]
7 pounders in the toon.....MMMMMMmmmmmm FUN, FUN, FUN!!!![cool]
[signature]
Heading to Henry's Lake next weekend (Labor Day Weekend). Hope that it goes as well as last year. Had some very nice fish. Still waiting for that PM from BS. Would love to say hi to you and Lynn.
[signature]