Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard/mantua
I have broken my losing streak. After only catching 1 fish in 3 days of fishing, I took 'out4trout's' advice and tried willard and mantua. Thank you. Willard was a little slow. Three kitties and 10 inch smallie over three hours. Headed up to Mantua and caught a large mouth on my first cast! It was actually a fumbled cast but while reeling in to try again, I hooked up! Between 6:00 and 7:00 I brought in 3 large mouths, 1 perch, and probably a dozen blue gills. Those little mouths will latch on to anything. Anyway, thanks to out4trout and I'll let you know how tubin the Uinta's goes tomorrow.
[signature]
Good job... are you sure you were at mantua? j/k.. we were there at the same time and only managed to catch small perch and bluegill... but it was our first time fishing so go figure. Good job though... I wonder if you were just down yonder from us.[cool]
[signature]
[Wink] Scrollfish,

Thanks for the report. I am headed to Mantua on Tuesday morn. What were using for all species up there if you dont mind me asking

Thanks,

RILEYFISH
[signature]
I used a 2 inch white curly tail jig tipped with a worm for all my catches. Tried other colors but nothing took to 'em. Also, I was in the NE corner of the lake. Took a dirt road through some fields, climbed a ladder over a fence, then hiked south a couple hundred yards south to a clearing. It was quiet and calm until some creepy fishermen decided to troll 20-30 feet in front of me. Didn't catch after they tore up the weed beds.

Sorry I missed you newfish. But then again, I did catch the bass..[Wink]
[signature]