Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to meet my fellow tubers!
My wife and I will be in Utah on the 24th of August and I would love to meet up with some of my BFT toobin' friends.
My wife is dying to catch some big catfish (I think 8" is her biggest so far) and you folks are kitty pros (particularly TD) so I am wondering if you might like to spend a couple of hours with my wife and I on a kitty clad lake.
We have our own gear and will happily bring whatever else you ask for.

-ABT-
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'd be happy to host such a get-together. No problem for midweek. Looks like the 24th is on a Thursday. If you wanna make a "floatilla" out of it, I can post it up on the Utah Board for anyone else who wants to join in.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For bigger cats, we should probably look at Utah Lake. But, if the weather looks iffy, then we might go up to Willard Bay...and even sneak in some wiper action (maybe). Catfish are always a given. They don't run as large in Willard but they are plenty feisty.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know if you are definitely going to do it and I will PM you my "particulars", with local phone number, etc.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]My band will be Rockin' at the Filling Station in Magna for some evening activity for the weekend.[cool][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[size 1]@Flygoddess
You're going to be doing some evening fishing on the weekend?

-ABT- [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]No, I play in a Rock and Roll band and we are performing that weekend at a club.[/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I will keep my dance card open for Friday through Sunday. You let me know when you want to go and I will meet you and caravan down to Utah Lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Friday would be best from the standpoint of having less competition from other "recreationists". [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will send you my address and phone number. You can call or we can set up a meeting place.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bring medium spinning tackle, with 8 or 10 pound line. I can supply the bait and the hooks...or you can bring size 4 or 2 bait hooks with sharp points. We will be using whole dead minnows or pieces of fish strips. Again, I have all of that so no need to worry about securing bait.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will be fishing in water less than 10 feet deep and will not have to go more than a couple of hundred yards from where we park and launch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The long range weather forecast is for warm and sunny, with daytime temps in the high 80's. Water temp will still be in the 70's so you can do without waders if you wish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can also bring a lighter rod and some assorted spinners and plastic twisters. There are quite a few white bass in the area now and they can provide fast action even if the kitties are reluctant.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If the cats do come out to play, you can count on anything from two pounds to over ten pounds. They reach upwards of 30 pounds in that lake, but are uncommon over 10. Always a good chance for something between 5 and 10. They pull hard.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like you guys are gonna have fun! Please post stories on it.
No tubing for us today as it was a rainy day.....[unsure]
[signature]
As evidence of our impending departure next week Wednesday, here is a part of our packing:
[Image: DSC01113.jpg]

See ya soon TD and hoopefully FG too!

-ABT-
[signature]