Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydrofoils
I have a question about hydrofoils. Can someone tell me if they are worth the money? Do they help the boat plain better? What is your opinion?
I have a "Permatrim" on mine. It really helps. Wouldn't want to be without it. Its heavy aluminum and more pricey than the plastic type but it works great.
[signature]
Thanks That's helps me make up my mind. Does anybody else have a opinion????
I have a Happy Troller trolling plate on my motor, it also doubles as a hydrofoil when in the up position. I have also used the plastic type on former boats. They are worth the money, it makes a noticable difference when getting up on plane.
[signature]
i have a se300 foil on my o/b.the thing is very heavy molded plastic ,over 5yrs old and still looks brand new.It helps to plane the boat faster,with out a lot of bow rise.it will also allow me to keep the boat on plane at lower speeds.As this is really helpful for them times i get caught on the gorge during a big windstorm.I can raise the bow ,cut the rpm's and still make good head way during a storm.I dont think that i would ever have a o/b with out a foil.
[signature]
I have one on a 90 Yamaha that's on a 17' fiberglass center-console. It definitely keeps the bow from rising up when geting on plane, allows for higher trim position at high speeds, gives more steering control in rough water, and reduces porpoising.
[signature]
I agree with kokeking the se 300 has made my Bayliner 2455 into a new boat, i won't own a boat with out one. Sportsmans has them for $30 to $40.
[signature]
Thank you for all the comments. It sounds like Hydrofoils would be a good investment.
I have one also on my 60hp o/b change my boat for the better and saved me fuel. Love it to death
[signature]
I echo everyone else. When I put the grey plastic one on my boat (don't remember the brand) it made a PHENOMINAL difference in the planing and driving of my old boat. Before it seemed to struggle to get to plane. With it, it goes to plane fairly quick. Worth the money.
[signature]
I have the stingray and what a difference!!! Its awesome.
[signature]
I will also echo what everyone less has said. They do help with bow raise and allow your boat to come on plane faster. I also want to add it helps greatly to match your prop pitch to the altitude your boating.. Needless to say, when both are come together it should cut your fuel costs and give you more bang for your buck...
[signature]