Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard/Mantua with Kids
Started out Friday with a trip to East Canyon. Not much happening a couple of small mouths, no trout. Tried jigging Strawberry style to marked fish, no takers.
Saturday I got up, packed and headed to Willard for an overniter. Set up in Willow #4, launched the boat and started to cruise for wipers. No luck. Marked some fish, rigged for the bottom hoping for kitties. No luck. My buddy came up around 3 with 4 of his boys and we tried again. Still no luck.
Sunday, new plan, pulled the boat to Mantua, got 3 boxes of worms and set up 4 rods rigged with slip bobbers. It wasn't long before we were catching gills and perch. In between panfish I was tossing a beetle spin with a foxee on it in brown. The LMB could not leave it alone. Caught and released 6 with biggest at 17". Nice fat fish.
[signature]
Well at least you were rewarded with some nice fish there at the end. Thanks for the report. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice Report Troll. i need to get up to mantua and get some largies
[signature]
I was at Willard on Sat. as well with two kids and no luck. Gotta remember that Mantua is only 20 minutes away.[mad] Kids get discouraged if they dont even get a blue gill or two. [pirate]
[signature]
That was our line of thinking, we could chance it by staying at Willard or go to Mantua for almost a sure thing.
[signature]