Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 8/22
Majja and I made it to Mantua today. First time for both of us on pontoon boats... Once we figured out how to stop paddling in circles and control them we had a great time. Majja hooked a nice big bucketmouth right off the bat and I hooked one about 20 seconds later - mucho fun -. Then it got real quiet until about 6 pm and they started biting like crazy again. I ended up with 3 bass and 4 blue gill, I think majja had 3 and 2. Great trip, cant wait to go again [cool]
[signature]
Yea it was pretty good. As I am new kinda new to tubing my buddy Kevin thought I ought to try out his toone before I bought my tube. I can defiantly see the differences. I think I will be getting a Tube though, or at least for now. I was up at Mantua 2 week ago and faired much better on the Gillies/Greenies and had about 3 small Bass.

It was fairly slow when we got on the water about 4. The big one I caught went about 2 lb and I took him on a copper bladed spinner with a brown and green sparkley fuzzy. I have never had a fish go airborne like he was. Yea I though Luke was going to fall off his boat when I waive bye bye to the big one and watched him swim away.

I am kinda excited about these warm water fish. Up until a few weeks ago I had never fished for anything in Ut other than trout and kitties. Now I want to go for a Wiper and Smallie as I heard they really put up a good fight.

Majja
[signature]
Those bass,and wipers are addictive!Rock Cliffs on Jordanelle is a good spot to fish for Smallmouth in a toon.Its a wake-free area
[signature]
I am off work again on the 1st of sept. Maybe I will head to the nelle that day. I think Majja has aother trip planned so I might have to go by myself.. I am really enjoying the Bass fishing and cat fishing this year, I have never gone after anything but trout in my 33 years here. if any one is going to Jordanelle on the first of Sept. let me know and maybe we can hook up, you can show me where to fish and I will share beer [cool]
[signature]
I can go the first depending on the weather, have found it best in the evening,but whatever.We could hook up.PM me.I could drink a beer with you.

Beer- the reason that civilization started. Have to grow enough barley to make it,people have too gather, and share barley to make beer.Oldest beer jar found-5000 BC
[signature]