Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor interference with sonar. Help??!!
Anyone have suggestions for how to eliminate the electrical interference that my trolling motor causes on the bow mounted sonar? They are on separate electrical systems. Every time I run the trolling motor the sonar screen goes black, even at relatively low speed settings.

Trolling motor is a Motorguide 767 and runs off its own 24 volt system. Sonar is a Lowrance LCX-19C and runs off the 12 volt battery for the main motor. The transducer is mounted on the foot of the trolling motor and transducer cable is routed up on the outside of the trolling motor shaft. Transducer cable has no nicks or cuts in the insulation.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
In regards to your problem with your sonar blacking out when operating your electric motor.I was experiencing a problem also with a minnkota and the lowrance x15,after several phone calls i ran a seperate ground from the 24volt system and both the other 12volt batterys giving me 3 ground wires which in turn i grounded those to the outboard to the mounting bolts.Doing this helped significantly
[signature]
Thanks mackminer. I appreciate the help. I'll try that.
[signature]
mackminer-

I did what you suggested and it helped a lot! Thanks.
[signature]