Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua report
Hit Mantua this morning with a friend after scouting for deer. No deer to speak of, but a ton of "boiling" bluegill!!! We fished near the bouy line in what appeared to be schools of "boiling" bluegill. There were anywhere from 20 to 200 fish in a school breaking the surface. I think they were hitting an emerging scud of some sort. We caught 30 nice ones(all released) on TD's magical jigs with a piece of perch. It was nice and cool and the fall colors are in full progress. Pics to fallow. We also saw a bunch of turkeys in the foothills.
[signature]
Man, that's nice to hear.[Wink] Good on ya. Any idea as to size of the "nice ones"? they fight good for their size don't they? As for Sparky and me, we've been exploring and catching smallies, perch and a musky or 2 at the Pine. [sly] Would like to catch some good size LM there if I can find em. Still say that a smallie is the top fighter.[angelic]
Leaky
I totally agree with the smallies!
As for the size, most averaged around 8", with some going i'll bet 10". Never measured any, but i have some pics to put on this post later and then you can give me an estimate.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Hey nice work on those gills. Looks like some good sized ones to me. That's awesome that you saw those turkeys. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice looking fish and congratulations on figuring out how to fix your date stamp. Hope to catch lots of those large bluegills and perhaps a bass or two this PM at Mantua with three of my grand daughters.
[signature]