Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 09-09-06
As part of my 35th wedding anniversary (while the wife was busy for a few hours with some out-of-town girl friends) I took my daughter's family fishing to Mantua. What a wonderful fishery for catching lots of fish with the young kids. The hardest part was keeping the boat in 12 to 14.5 feet of water in the breeze that kept changing directions. One minute we would be fishing 14 feet of water and in the next minute we would be in 2 feet of water. Lost track of the number of perch and bluegill that we caught, in the few hours that we fished, but it must have been well over 50. Kept one bluegill and several perch for sturgeon bait (both are legal to use in Idaho). Here is a picture of a double:
[signature]
I'll bet those kids had an absolute blast with all the cooperative fish up there.
[signature]
Sounds like a good time to me. Thanks for sharing.

Tincanfsh
[signature]
Nice way to end your anniversary week Kent, how big is the perch in the picture?
[signature]
Approximately 11 inches.
[signature]
Loved the picture Kent, those kids are the cutest!
[signature]
Thanks for the report,its great that you took the kids fishing,they never forget that!
[signature]
Did you use an anchor? If so, could you shorten the rope?
[signature]
Yes, I used an anchor, but it was not a heavy one and if I shortened the rope the boat would drag the anchor.
[signature]