Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua 9-11
we to Mantua this morning with my boy tagging along and tried to get him a few more species. Started out at mantua at 7:15 and fished for about 4 hours with marginal success. Caught some gills first off, and then Lil'Lunkerhunter hooked a rainbow that decided we were too ugly and spit the hook at us by the boat. He then caught a huge perch and a few more gills. Total tally was around 20 fish or so.
Left and headed to willard for another try and ran into Utahsteelheader and he did a full inspect of my boat. All was well but a torn life jacket and burned out nav. light. Thanks again Jeff.[Smile]
After an hour of stories and bs'ing, we finally launched at the north marina. Headed out of the bouies and the boat decided to make a full power run for about 1/4 mile and then back down to 7 mph.[mad]
We headed over to pelican beach and anchored in hopes of a cat or two. Nothing. Went back to the marina and tried for cats and smallies with no success other than a bite or two. A fun day none the less. Beautiful morning and temps. Pics to fallow.
[signature]
Looks like you guys had a decent day on the pond. I'm surprised Mantua was that slow....crazy up there how things can turn around.
[signature]
Anybody have any guesses on what the drive time is from Orem to Mantua?
[signature]
[#0000ff]Depending upon where you start from, and the time of day (traffic), anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours. It takes me just over an hour from the West Valley area in Salt Lake.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice report, I'm going to try and get up there Saturday. Good to see your little guy wearing a life jacket. Too many people think that a 3 year old can swim 1/2 mile (or more) to shore. Dumb. The pics came up real clear on my screen. Thanks!
[signature]
[cool] Hey, great catch. I was up there my self on Sunday and brought in 20+, mostly perch and a couple of gills. I was able to jig up 2 LMBs who were fighting over my jig on top of the water, it was pretty cool to see. One of them managed to get it and the fight was on from there, I was not equiped for fish this size due to I had a 4.5' ultralight with 6lb line on it. After a dance across the water and some tugging the fish came off. I would give up all 20 + other fish to have landed that one. Some folks have said that Mantua is only good for small fish, but if you weed through the little one's there are some good fish up there.
[signature]