Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Spaky and Me, 9/24/06
Well, for slow fishing it was good enough for Sparky and me. Started about noon and quit about 4:30. Fished from the tube off the point on the East side and into the N.E. bay. A little breezy but not bad. Targeted the largies and it certainly wasn't hot but caught 10 from 11-15 inches so that was good enough for us by any measure. [Smile] Used m standard quacomole reaper with small split shot up about 6-10 in. and slooooow. Took home enough for dinner. They don't fight nearly as good as the smallies, especially this time of year, but they are close to my favorite eating fish. Sparky had a great time as allways visiting and swimming. He's a good guy!!!!![Smile]
Leaky
Thanks for the report Fred. I'll bet it was nice to get out.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Thanks for the report Leaky. Sounds you and sparky had another great day chasing those green fish.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Well done, young man.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope the back is better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Leak. Did you notice any bluegill or perch fishermen out there, and if so, how was the smaller fish catching rate today? Did you get any big gills or big perch that were trying to "bite off more than they could chew" so to speak?
[signature]
I saw several fishing but very little catching. Saw one guy catch a very small blue on a fly rod and bobber. Not to say they weren't catching, just didn't see it. [crazy] All my fish were bass, no ticks from smaller guys that I noticed.
Leaky