Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report
Kinda late but here is what went down...

Fished Bear Lake Saturday with Bodine and our sons. Launched at the marina and headed to the East shore. We trolled cisco South and spotted very few. Fired up the 10,000 HP motor and went north....LOL Rainbow cove area was busy with boats trolling from 50 to 85 feet, but we worked our way in the line and managed to pick up a dozen or so. Mostly cutts in the 3 LB range with a few 4 to 5 pound macks.

I refuse to give the exact breakdown of who caught what, but once again I was fishless!!! [Tongue][Tongue] Time to change my screen name again!

Jeff/Todd thanks again for yet another awesome trip!

Pictures coming soon!
[signature]
Fish0on???? Fish1off? NoFishon???? Silly Pat! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4]I'm pretty sure that my son and I are going to be up there on Sunday, hoping to find some kind of action.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Hey Pat me and Mtnman went out Monday and only caught 5 but the largest was a 12 pound mack caught on the west side just before dark. The others were smaller 2 lbs - 7 lbs. I found out we were in the right area just the wrong depth we were too deep. Go figure.[Wink]

Bodine
[signature]
Too deep????? I never even got my line wet! LOL Dang kid of mine! He is such a fish hog!

When you get a chance email or pm the pics you have and I will add mine and post them up.

My boat is about 90-95% complete so me and Jack can get out and do our part on some search and learn the lake.

Thanks again buddy, it was a blast!
[signature]
I aint beleiven a word of it until I see some photos!
[signature]
ya me to i want to see pictures
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Details man, we need details[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Hi Pat,
I fished Bear Lake with my daughter on Saturday too. We started on the Gus Rich rockpile trolling. What a great day and awesome weather. I thought we'd be into fish! I was wrong. Trolled for 2 hours and only one hit. Marked most of the fish between 67 and 73 feet. We then jigged for about 1.5 hours. Nothing. Then we moved over by the marina and trolled the new rockpiles just before calling it quits. Nailed one 5lb laker in 36 feet on the new piles. We quit about noon.

I also had a friend of mine and his buddy who fished on Sat. They launched with us at about 7:30 am and fish until about 2:30pm. They were skunked. Anyway, I'm thinking next time I will troll a lot shallower. I think the fish are in over the pile already. I did talk with Bodine on Monday morning when he was launching his boat. I think he was going to move in shallower also. It sounds like he did a little better in closer to shore according to his report.
Scott
[signature]
Scott,

I like to hear that they may be shallower....Now I can have a chance this weekend from shore.

Sorry again about not being able to help ya on the gil netting, I wanted to do that realy bad. Maybe next time????
[signature]