Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield or Twentyfour mile
That's pretty good when we get told off by someone who isn't registered[cool]
BAM!

Who started this post anyway......Oouch!

You did FLY FISHING NUT! so you go with it where you want! You are the one that is asking the questions.
[signature]
I was talking to the F&G a couple three week ago and we talked about the lower #'s of the big fish in some of the trophy lakes was due to the ice fishermen using bait and keeping more than the limit.
Thats when he said they've caught and fined mor people.

Also talking about other waters in surrounding states is part of a fishing forum (look at the utah board asking about Idaho) Its about fishing. so there shouldn"t be a problem about it in my opinion .
[signature]
It is so hard to take you serious looking at that AVATAR[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Well we did make it up to Chesterfield and 24 mile last Thursday. We caught 8 fish at Chesterfield in about 6 hours of fishing. All of the fish were very nice (18-20 inches). I am attaching a couple of pictures. We also caught quite a few fish at 24 mile (most were between 12-16 inches but I did catch one 23"). We had a blast. I hope I can make it up there one more time this year. Here are a couple of pictures.
[signature]
Very nice! What patterns were you using?

Red Dwarf
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Good you made it up there. We did go to Strawberry and it slow right now. Caught and landed 4 (18" to 22") and missed a dozen cause they hit so lightly.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Glad you got into some fish.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Lance that's a great fish! Good job. I can't believe how big Trent is getting. Did your dad go with you? I need to talk to him BTW. I've got some good photos of fishing the North Platte by Laramie.
[signature]
We caught almost all of them on black, brown and maroon wolly buggers.
[signature]
Flygodess, we also went to Strawberry on Friday and Saturday. We only caught a few on flies on Friday. On Saturday we caught about 20 on tube jigs (white, brown, and yellow). All of the fish were between 16-22". Idaho fishing was definitely better for us.
[signature]
Ryan, Trent is getting quite big (almost 11). He has become quite the fly fisherman. It is pretty neat to see him catch fish on his own. I would love to see your North Platte pictures. We need to get out and do some fishing together. Give Dad a call, I am sure he would love to hear from you.
[signature]
Wait till next year at chesterfield if we have good water and that lake has good holdover the fishing should be great next year. Then hope the F&G leave it at a 2fish limit.
[signature]
Lance-
This is Keith using Ryan's account...too lazy to sign up myself. Shoot me your email and I'll send you some pics. It was a good time. I talk to your dad every once in a while but he's so dang busy that it's hard to connect with him. [url "mailto:keith.grunig@cabelas.com"]keith.grunig@cabelas.com[/url]
[signature]