Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Well vaction is over[unsure] but I did manage to fish Bear Lake 4 times I will write a short story for each day. Pictures will be posted at the end of some of the nicer fish. Some of you may not agree with the way we hold the fish but these are just pups compared to gorge fish All of these fish were gently released and swam off under there own power to be caught another day.

9/23: Myself, my son Todd, Fish1on and his son Jack.

Cuts: 7 largest 3 lb
Macks: 3 Largest 5 Lbs

beautiful day and had a lot of fun fished with good people. All fish were caught on the east side.

9/25: Myself and Mtnman

Cuts: 1 2 lbs
Mack: 4 ranging from 2 to 12 lbs being the largest

not as many as the time before but the size is increasing 4 on the east side one on the west

9/29: Myself, My dad Kent, Dad's friend Mike

Cuts: 3 largest 3 pounds
Mack: 8 ranging from 7 to 13 Pounds 3 over 10

My dad had a ball and mike caught the biggest fish of his life at 13 lbs. 4 on the east side and 8 on the west side

10/01: now for the greatest day of all Myself and my son Todd

Cuts: 0
Macks: 15 ranging from 4lbs to 14 lbs.

Todd was real jacked he out fished me by one fish. But I caught the largest at 14. 8 of the 15 were over 10 lbs. All were caught on the west side.

So there's my story fun was had by all seen AFDAN and vistited for awhile. Wanted to go yesteday Monday but the weather was bad. All fish were caught using downriggers fishing right on the bottom. I think I posted the pictures in order of dates but the date is on each picture.
[signature]
great report and pictures. those are some awesome cutts.
thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Hey Jeff, it was good to see you out on the water, I wish I had had more time to talk with you. We are going to have to hook up one day so that I can try fishing your way.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] You said you had 11 when we talked, I'll get this thing figured out soon. Great pictures, I'd say you had a good time.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey bodine11,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Great report ! Looks like you had some great days on the water ! Those sure are some fine looking fish ! [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]What were the water temperatures like up there ? [/size][/black]
[signature]
Nice report, and great fish! Sounds like you guys had a great vacation!
[signature]
[Wink] Nice report and Photos Jeff.

I only hope that my post at the end of next week will be as good as yours. I will be fishing the Bear next week, Wednesday through Saturday or Sunday.

I know will have fun, I just hope the Catching is as good as the fishing. Either way beats working or sitting at home grtting in trouble
[signature]
Very Nice! [Smile]
[signature]
Great report Jeff and nice fish. It looks like there is a pattern going in your different reports with more and more fish being caught on the West side of the lake, that is some good info to know. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Water temps are ranging 56-58 degrees. Thanks to all you guys it makes a guy feel good when you recieve good feed back. Good luck Riley you should do well. I'll be going camping for the next week to fake deer hunting (don't let my wife know)[Wink] then I'll be hitting the big pond regular till ice on (sorry hard water fisherman but I hope it doesn't freeze) then I can troll all winter.[Smile] Good luck to all.

Bodine
[signature]
Bodine11, Awsome report. Those are some nice fish. I can't wait to get up there & try to catch some big fish. Thanks for the Information. Travis
My uncle (394Bull) bagged a 16 pounder at Bear Lake last week. There are usually some good ones to be had about this time of year every year.
[signature]
Those were some beautiful fish. Interesting on the cuts in that they had that same kind of aqua green back as the big rainbows had last year down at Yuba. Nice job and nice pics.
[signature]
Looks like you had a good time Jeff I need to get up there myself soon.
[signature]