Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Update September 08
A couple buddies and I will be at Henry's this weekend, September 19th. Staying at Wild Rose. Any updates on the patterns of the fish? Moving closer to shore or still scattered? We will be on float tubes sinking flies...any suggestions on what has been working this time of the year. I have a load of BS flies and would rather use what is working rather than try 20 before finding the kicker. Any tips appreciated. Thanks and happy fishing to all!!
[signature]
I was there a couple of weeks ago.
The patterns that ALWAYS work for me are as follow:
Electric Black (BS)
Hot Chocolate (BS)
Purple Showgirl (BS)
Mighty Mouse (BS)
Lynn Scotts softhackle Halloween (BS)
and my TADPOLE which I sent several to Everet at BS flies

I have had luck with the average HARESEAR in a #12 also.

I only use Intermediate on calm days and TYPE II (density compensated in my case but a Wet Cell would be perfect for H)

at least 6 Weight all the way!
[signature]
Great! Thanks for the info. Any news from anyone out there last weekend or this week on fish patterns? Closer to shore or are they out a ways....or both? Thanks.
[signature]
Still out a ways.
[signature]
OK..so for those using a float tube what is the best strategy this weekend. Are we talking going out 100 yards or further? I have only fished the Lake in October or early year...so I am looking for some tips on where fish are most likely to be. For example...if I go out to the cliffs, should I head straight out 100-200 yards or better around the 20-50 yard range? Thanks in advance to all who are helping fuel my fishing addiction!
[signature]
I have been fishing the same spot for 4 weeks . Last Tuesday I caught 12 and my buddy caught 5 . We are between 100 and 150 yards out in 15 feet of water just off the cliffs . We are using bait . I don't know what is going to happen with this full moon ? . I will be fishing all day tomorrow and will post a report Thursday night when I get back . Thanks Curt G.
[signature]
I would start out in that 100 yard range. I would try the cliffs or northshore.
[signature]
You say you are using bait. Do you mind me asking what type. Are you floating the bait from the top or fishing the bottom. I have never fished Henry's and need any help I can get. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I can't answer on BAIT, but I did the best just off the launch at cliffs, straight out about 300 yards. Very gradual slope. I was still only 13' to 14' deep.
The full moon could mess things up a bit.
[signature]
Damn moon- sure nice to camp under but can change the fishing drastically at times- always seems to coincide with the times I can't catch a fish too.
[signature]
Sounds like you might just as well stop in and see Everet at BS Flies and have him draw a map for you on your way. If you are staying at Wild Rose they will have info there on the latest also. Giving out exact locations over the internet could ruin peoples spots there guy...
[signature]
Understood. I know how sacred those honey holes are [Smile]

So I guess for those who want to have some sacred pity on a desperate fool who only gets back to Idaho once a year for Henry's my personal e-mail is robroby@hotmail.com.

That way you can receive blessings beyond your wildest dreams by sharing a spot and not giving it out to everyone else [Wink] (Pitiful isn't it?)

I really appreciate the advice and info I have received from you all. May good fortune and Carma Smile upon all of you [sly]
[signature]
This week the fishing has been excellent just west of the Wild Rose Ranch in the Stump Hole. Beadhead Electric Black leeches produced a lot of fish last Saturday and during the week. Fish in water from 6 to 14 feet deep about 200 yards off the bank next to the gravel bars.
[signature]
Wednesday me and my buddy landed 19 fish on Night Crawler and Marshmallow . We are also injecting the worm with air to float them about 12" of the bottom . You will see where most of the boats are near the cliffs . Thanks Curt G. P.S. Water Temp. was 54.5 on the bottom .
[signature]
My son and I took one of his friends to fish Henry's lake this weekend. We fished for four hours in-between thunderstorms Saturday. We heard lots of stories about people catching +20 fish per day all week but we didn't fair as well. All told we boated three fish; one small brookie and two very nice cutthroat. These were our first cutts and we were very excited. The weather was bad and it was our first time on Henry's lake so we are not discouraged. We will be back!

Have to give thanks to the folks at Wild Rose Ranch who rented us a nice little boat. Also, the folks at Sawtelle Cabins where we stayed, these were very nice cabins.