Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake slow but good ... 10/13/06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I got an invite to join RILEYFISH and petty4life up on Bear Lake today. With the kitchen pass firmly in hand, I headed up the canyon early this morning. I met RF and P4L at the marina at about 7:15 and was floating out the channel by 7:30. About that same time we ran into BearLakeMack and three of his fishing friends also headed out for a day of fishing the big blue.

The water was pretty smooth all day and as time went on, the water kept getting smoother. When the day ended, the water was the smoothest I ever remember Bear Lake being. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline Smooth-400.gif]

I had the lucky stick today by boating 6 fish (two suckers, one 11 lb. mack, and three suckites).

Don’t worry too much about the bleeding. He is back down in the deeps with little or no harm done. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline My-big-mack-11-lb.-400.gif]

Right before we headed in at about 4:30, RILEYFISH hooked into a beautiful 2-3 lb. cut. I got the net to help land it. We were pretty excited to check out this gorgeous fish. The first two times I dipped the net I missed it. But the third time would be the charm. Ya, a real charm all right, … I knocked that cut right off the hook! Sorry Riley.

Fishing was, in general, quite slow. But that nice 11 lb. mack sure made my day.

I sure enjoyed being back out on the water of Bear Lake again. This was my first time this season and it felt like home-sweet-home. And to fish it with Mark and Jason made it all the better. Thanks for the company and the boat ride.

[inline Homeward-Bound-400.gif]
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice mac Ralph. I'll bet he was fun to catch. Did you hear how Rich et al did?
[signature]
That is a fine looking mac Coot . Congrats .
[signature]
Awesome Ralph!

You deserve a nice catch like that!
[signature]
It’s great to see you get a nice fish, I know you been trying for a while now. I have one more week of work left before I can get up there.
[signature]
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing. [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Franklin Gothic Demi Cond"][#008000][size 3]Nice Mac Ralph! I remember when we gave it a try[unsure], and the water for you was so calm -ya way cool, So whats the secrect ? It has been along time and I would love to fish the blue, Talked with Bait Caster said he was up there also, woundering how he did..[cool]CHOW to you, you Old_Coot[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish Ralph, I always worry when I see those trout bleeding like that but I think those big fish are tougher than their smaller brothers. Did P4L & RF get skunked?
[signature]
Was great to fish with ya again Ralph. im glad i was there to watch you catch that fish. man the mile on your face after catching that one was priceless[Wink]
[signature]
[Wink] Hey old Coot,

Yes my Friend, It was a pleasure to fish with you also. I can not believe the day that we had. it was the nicest day weather wise at BL that I can remember in years!

To all that read this post. Old Coot was like a little kid in a candy store! He had a grin from ear to ear when he landed that Fish! It was a perma grin. MAde my whole day to see him catch that fish. What a pro!

Look forward to doing it again Ralph. Thanks for coming up.

RILEY
[signature]
[font "Century Gothic"][red][size 4] [font "Comic Sans MS"][red]Hey there Old Coot my friend, man you still have the golden touch up there. That is a very nice mac you caught. We need to hook up one day . Congrats to you. It's to bad it wasn't one of those really good days for all of you.[/red][/font][/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish OC! I think the biggest mack i ever caught was about 2#. I would love to catch one like that. Sounds like a fun trip.
[signature]
That is a nice Mac, I want to thank you for the help you gave me hope to see more.
SaltSeaDog
[signature]
WOW! Congratulations on a nice looking Mac. We'll have to get up there sometime to chase those big boys. I can't believe how smooth the water was. Looks like a perfect day on the lake even if the fishing wasn't as hot as you would have liked.
[signature]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]I want a trip like that !!![/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]