Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 2/17
Hit Strawberry this morning with my dad. Ice is still 12-14 inches with some snow on the top, zero slush. Fishing was actually better than we expected. I expected 2-3 fish, etc. We got on the ice at 9 a.m. and immediately had hits. Things stayed hot until about 10:30 where it went down hill fast. In that 1 1/2 hours, we got 6 and had at least that many strikes each. 5 were in the slot and all around 17-19 in cuts. Did keep one 13 in. cut for the kids to eat. [Smile] We went up to Mud Creek, on the north side in about 15 feet of water. Tracked a few fish at 10 ft, but all the action was off the bottom. We went against the normal white and tried green foxies tipped with mealies. Worked good enough that we only switched to white late when the fishing sloooowed.

There were only about 4 parties with us in the bay. 2 groups stayed 30 mins! The others a couple of hours. It amazed me how many people still go up there, drill a hole, then stand and watch it. We got EVERY bite during the tail end of a jig and they were light. The fish are there, we just found you had to work for them. Everyone was complaining about us, "catching another", yet they sat and stared at their pole!

I recommend if you go up, look for the morning fishing run and WORK your pole! Anyway.. tight lines.
[signature]
Man, sounds like Mud Creek really came around for the better. I was up there a few weeks ago and never got a bite..... all day[Smile]
[signature]
I was up their that same day along with about 50 more people[Sad] I forgot it was a holiday!! I've been going up their every monday and theres maybe a couple of people but I got their first around 7am then about 7:30 on more and more etc....That's the last time I go their on a holiday[:/]
[signature]
I was at strawberry awhile back and got skunked. I am glad to see it is picking up, i may have to go back up there and try it again.
[signature]