Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike report??
Heading to Strike this coming weekend. Anyone been there recently? Will be fishing from float tubes for SM bass and probably catfish at night. Also, does anyone know if the Black Sands resort is open year round? I can't find any contact phone numbers for them.

Let me know,

Thanx,
Rob
[signature]
Rob: I'm heading to Strike on Thursday or Friday depending on wind forecasts.
The store in Grandview usually knows what's up on the reservoir since they carry fishing tackle. Don't know their #.
One online report of October 18th from idafish.com says "bass fishing" is good with dark plastics and crankbaits. Dropshotting and Carolina rigged plastics.
I'm trolling for rainbows and they should be on the bite soon. Water temps are mid-50's now and cooling fast with these cold nights.
Good luck if you wind up going.
[signature]
Thanx Aluma, I apperciate the info!

Take care,
[signature]
Sportsmans Warehouse says that Strike is good fishing for perch, bass and bluegill. They said to use top-water rigs, red and white jigs, plastics, and dark flies. There were some others but I'm trying to remember what they were. Check their board by the door if you get out that way. My son and I were thinking about going down there Saturday too. Hope the weather holds out.

Red Dwarf
[signature]
Just returned from C.J. Strike. Trout are not on the bite yet. Water temp is still 55 degrees F. One take down on my rigger with flasher and apex/nightcrawler setup. Tried flatlining, riggers, leadcore, rapalas, apex, crankbaits. Talked to three others. No trout. Bass is fair and still a few perch.
I think the trout are late this year at Strike and Lucky Peak/Arrowrock. Water's still too warm. Maybe a couple more weeks?
[signature]
Thanx Aluma!

Because of time restraints, and your report, we may end up going to Swan Falls instead. its a lot closer to Meridian. Hoping to find some SM bass from a float tube. Luv the reports though, keep em coming. I will post one when we return from SF on Sunday.

Thanks everybody,

Rob
[signature]
I just moved back to Idaho and am excited to fish some of the warm water fish in the reservoirs. Equipped with an ultralight, can I expect decent action from shore for bluegill & crappie on CJ Strike and/or Lake Lowell? Do the crappie bite well in the lower temp near spawn in Feb? Any info. would be great! And oh yeah, it is so good to be home--15 years--I thought I would never be able to move back!
[signature]
bdn06,

Welcome home! Bluegill can be easily caught from shore on many of the area reservoirs that have the warmwater fishing goin' on! Just have to find the better spots. Ultralight gear will do just fine. Crappie fishing is usually a little better from a boat. You can reach extended weedbeds, stick ups, etc. easier. Both fish school up so once you find them, you will have a blast.
[signature]