Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Pathetic Report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Fished Bear Lake today with SpiderWelder. To get to the point real quick, we got skunked. Last time I fished Bear Lake (a couple weeks ago) I caught a nice 11 lber. I guess I have been feeling a little too snooty since and today I was truly humbled back down to earth.

We launched at 7:15 and was jigging the rockpile by 7:30. Found some nice spots marking lots of fish traffic at 54 feet deep. Around 11:00 the traffic left so we did too. We decided to give a couple of Jet Divers a try and trolled some Flat Fish for about an hour and a half. But nada. However, I did kind of like trolling with the divers.

Around 12:30 we found another good place at about 60 feet deep with plenty of fish stacked up and lots of fish traffic. Anchored up for some more jigging but to no avail. There were still plenty of fish in that area when we said to heck with it and left at 3:30. Buy day’s end, we each had only two hits all day!

Boy, I sure can’t blame the skunk on not finding fish. We marked plenty. Every tactic I tried to jig up a catch was laughed at by them fish.

I hope you guys going up this weekend have better scores than we did. I would suggest you have some swim baits or Fin-S with you. I suspect that will do much better than the standard tube jigs right now.
[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
I've heard from others that BL has really bit the big one this week. Personally I've never caught a fish out of there...it hates me, so I just hate it back!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bummer Coot; Sorry to hear the skunk taged you guy's all day. It was good to hear the fish were stacked up, Like you said. Try throwing something else at 'em. Maby a Harpoon [Tongue][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Don't feel too bad Ralph, Ira and I were up there last weekend with the same results, we even tried Fin-S. We marked lots of fish but they weren't in the mood. We did catch three cutts in front of the marina while we were waiting for the wind to calm down but we were looking for bigger fish.
[signature]
Ralph, I have also had those days at Bear Lake and at Willard. Can be very frustrating. Too bad you didn't have an underwater camera so you could have at least seen what wasn't biting.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Talked to a guy on the phone who fished the rockpile area yesterday and will again today. They did ok catching a few lakers in the 7-9 lb range. They only fished the afternoon for about 3-1/2 hours. Also said they missed a few strikes also.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]IFG and I were supposed to go up there today but he had a family member pass away last night so we bagged it. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[Wink] Man I don't feel so bad then. I have been wanting to get back up there again but have been unable to. I am currently installing a new lorance gps system on the boat for my next trip up. Well, I will just finish getting it done. Hope somebody finds the key to unlock some jaws soon. I know Ralph, You did not have me to guide you to them.
[signature]
I was wondering what had happen to you. You didn’t miss much all I managed to do in five hours was feed the fish three time to day. Yea I go hit three times but not enough to set the hook. My boy also got robbed along with two others fishing around us in other boats. The only ones I saw catch any fish was the boat trolling.
[signature]
[Sad]That is to bad wished you did better, I will try Wilard Monday morning. Let you know...
[signature]