Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Nights, Sunny Days in Western Oregon
I hope you guys and gals aren't tired of looking at carp yet 'cause I'm not tired of catching them!

We had freezing temps last night and got up to a thick fog. Once that burned off the temperature reached 60 degrees f and turned out to be a beautiful day. The fish obviously thought so, too. I hooked 6 on the fly rod and landed 4. These aren't large fish but they surely do put up a nice fight with several great runs and a jump or two. I keep thinking its all over for the year but the sun continues to shine.

Largest fish was 7 pounds. Rod is a 7 weight. Last photo is darker because I hooked the fish after sunset.

[inline cp-2a.jpg]

[inline cp-3a.jpg]

[inline cp-4a.jpg]

[inline cp-5a.jpg]

z~
[signature]
WTG "Z" THOSE CARP AIN'T GREAT LOOKING BUT THEY SURE DO PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT. WE USE TO TARGET THEM DURING HOT SUMMER MID DAYS WHEN THE BASS BITE WOULD DIE DOWN, ALSO HOOKED INTO ONE THAT WENT OVER 15# WHILE FISHING FOR TROUT ON VALVETTA CHEESE, FOUGHT IT FOR ALMOST A 1/2 HR ON 6# TEST....VERY STRONG.
KEEP STICKING THEM WHILE THE WEATHER STILL HOLDS.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like fun to me. And in the words of a great philosopher (me): "Ya cain't beat fun."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We got no pride on this forum and we definitely ain't purists...in any form. Your lovely "goldens" are always welcome.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Mike,

I was fishing around Fern Ridge Reservoir close to Eugene. Not the best place to sight fish due to the murky water but it has lots of carp. Getting them to take a fly is a real challenge.

I tried to PM you but the system wouldn't let me. Said you were a guest.[unsure]

[cool]Since you're in SoCal now, if you know of any carp spots in the Salem area, I wouldn't mind checking them out for you to see if they're still good.

I've been "scouting," looking for places to catch those beasts since I'm having so much fun fishing for them on the fly rod. Not as easy as I thought it would be.

z~
[signature]