Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 10-29-06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Well Chris and I fished Bear Lake today and I must say it was very disappointing. We launched around 8:30am due to some young man having to much of a good time last night.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Anyway right off the bat we had trouble getting the main motor to start, took a while but it did finally start.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We headed right over to the rockpile and noticed about 6 other boats in the area. I started to motor around a little bit to try to find any fish that might be stacking or any groups of fish in any area. Not much luck, anywhere. We decided to go deep and motored out to 85 feet of water and found a few stacked. Down went the jigs, well in a nut shell not much luck. But, I did manage to jig up a Nice Cut about 18 inches. Only fish of the day, so I guess no skunk today.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Water temp was 49-50 degrees most of the day. I wanted to troll today on the East side, but my trolling motor had other ideas and didn't play today at all.We went over to the east side anyway to look for a place to do some jigging.We found a spot near Cisco Beach, but no takers today. Then the W started up and got very mean. We had one heck of a ride going back to the marina, I used a lot of fuel and got airborne a couple of times. After we made it back to the marina we decided to call it a day. Time was about 2:30pm. I had had enough for one day.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/font]
[signature]
[unsure] Sorry to hear the catching wasn't better. Oh well, As you know, Thats Bear lake. Glad to hear that you made it back in to the marina ok. You can usually set your watch knowing that around 1:00 to 2:00 each day the W is going to blow. Better luck next time. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Reminds me of a trip I had up there a few years ago, except you caught one more fish than we did that day. After getting nothing at the rockpile we decided to motor over to the east side. The wind started coming up, and it kept getting stronger. We decided we better try to get back to the Utah State Marina, and we fought our way all the way across, only to have the wind die down just before we reached the marina.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] Kent that is exactly what happened to us today. By the time we got into the Marina we had both had enough for today.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
It has been a tough year for catching those lake trout[Sad], I sure hope it gets better soon. That fish your holding looks like an albino in the picture, was it really that lite colored?
[signature]
I also went fishing at Bear Lake and our luck was much better. My friends wife landed a 9.8lb Mack as she had the hot rod today and landed 3 altogether. My friend land 3 small cutts and I landed one small cutt. All were cutts except for the Mack.
[signature]
Sounds like a rough day Dan. Glad you guys made it back safely though. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
"[font "Comic Sans MS"]Anyway right off the bat we had trouble getting the main motor to start, took a while but it did finally start."[/font]

[size 1]"[font "Comic Sans MS"]I wanted to troll today on the East side, but my trolling motor had other ideas and didn't play today at all."[/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 1][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3]Time to get that Lund.............[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Max, good to hear someone is catching some nice macks. It still seems slow compared to previous years but that is the nature of fishing. Were you fishing on the Rock pile?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] Hi Curtis, my son and I tried moving around in the boat to put the sun behind him when he took the photo. What you see is from the sun.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] Hey IdahoNative, what area were you fishing in? Just courious.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] I'm working on it, LOL[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
We were fishing on Gus's Point in 83 feet of water. They had gone up the week before in about the same area and landed a few also i was not able to go at that time
[signature]
We were in the red and white boat off Gus's. I think that may have been you to the east of us.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] I was with my son, and we were in a small Green tri-hull. When I got to the rockpile there were 3 boats right at Gus Rich point quite close together. I think that I did see your boat out there. I was trying not to crowd anyone. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] I did talk the guys in the Black Lund and they wrere not having any luck either.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]AFdan52[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hello Dan, Myself and my brother were out there also. we started at daylight and went and pestered the macks by the rock pile. We seen alot of fish but no matter how many times we went through them no takers.[Sad] Decided to try the east side. I caught 3 nice cuts the largest at 5 lbs. We were over by rainbow cove when we decided to head back over around 3:15 to try the macks till dark. When we left the water was glass so I ran the boat up to 50 mph for a nice cruise over boy was I in for a suprise. Got about to the middle of the lake and the riffles started I told my brother looks like a little wind then the next thing I know we hit a 4-5 foot wave at 50 talk about airborn and gear flying all over the place. Brought it off plane and went 10-12 mph the rest of the way over. Quit exciting I'm glad I wasn't in a smaller boat. I'll be glad when the spawn is over and the bite picks up.

Bodine
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You got to admit, it is good cutt fishing right now! Last time we were out we couldn't buy a bite from the macks but we sure caught some nice cutts. Hopefully, we'll find a few tomorrow.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Give a big wave to us shore bounders as you all head out. I stay away from the macs (damn snaggers) and try to target cutts and whites that may be running shallow for some spawn meals. Not sure if I will hit the marina or cisco. Don't matter much as long as I am trying.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Didn't see you this morning to wave to. We went out today and put 12 fish in the boat and missed a grundle. Biggest mack was 10 lbs and the biggest cutt was 4 lbs. Fishing was great! Man, the cutt fishing was excellent with some really dandies! Sorry, no pictures. The guys I was with took all the pics[/size][/black][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3].[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The macks are stacked on the rock pile right now. I mean stacked! Tough to get them to hit but they are there bigger than life, spawning their hearts out.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Did you get over to the east side? or did you pick up the cuts on the west side? Also if you don't mind me askin what depth were the cuts mostly in? We picked ours up in 70 foot right off bottom. Sounds like you guys had a good day. I'll be going tuesday if the weather holds.

Bodine
[signature]