Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Idaho Ice Fishing?
New to ice fishing this year and wondering which SW lakes are worth while. Not even sure if lakes around the Treasure Valley freeze enough to ice fish. I know Cascade is popular for that but would like to find something closer to Boise. Any info would help.

Thanx!
[signature]
83 views and no input on my original question. I am seeing lots of reports from east idaho so i'm guessing that cascade is probably my best bet. Anyone been there recently? Is the ice ready to walk on yet? Any info would be helpful.

Thanx
Rob
[signature]
I am sorry I do not know enough about SW Idaho to help you. If you can make the trip to South Central Idaho Magic has always been a fun lake for me.

Windriver
[signature]
Think I asked the same question a while ago, and got the responses that some of the north and north central lakes are the best bet--Cascade, Payette...not sure myself. So I've resigned myself to just spend what little spare time I have to making lures for the spring.
[signature]
Thanx for the info everyone, I will probably wait til Jan or Feb for safe ice before I attempt anything. I'm dying to fish but fishing aint worth dying,, my wife would kill me. I would much rather get skunked on the bank of the Boise River.

Take care all,
Rob
[signature]