Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Fished Bear Lake Thursday. While getting the boat ready to launch had a guy come up and tell us he had a couple of geese down in the lake arcross from bear lake west. They were to far out to wade to so he offered us $20.00 to fetch them for him. They were a couple of nice geese. Didn't fish for white fish. We caught 14 total all cuts with one mack weighing 7 lbs. The largest cut was 5 lbs. Seen fishing waters but never had a chance to talk to him. Beautiful day on the pond. Calm as glass all day. water temp was 41.

Bodine
[signature]
I was wondering why you took off so far north. I thought you had stopped to fish the rook piles.

We tried to fish for White Fish at around 9:00. I still need to learn how to catch White fish, not a single bite. We gave up on White Fish after a few hours and went to jig for Macs. I had my Father-in-law with me. He hooked up with two 21 inch Macs. They were the larges fish he had caught breaking his record of 14 inches. I was hit both time while netting his fish and had my bait stolen before I could set the hook. We headed in around 2:00. I ended up having a flat tire on the boat trailer on the way home. I confirmed that I do have the right tools in my truck to change a tire on the side of the freeway and my Father-in-law can catch fish.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Jeff, I know you were trolling but I was wondering if you were fishing on the East side? I'm planning on trying it next weekend, did you notice anyone fishing for whitefish?
[signature]
I only say one other boat fishing for whitefish other than fishingwaters. I think it was bearlakefishguy. I fished on both the east and the west side.

Bodine
[signature]
Nice day fishing and made 20 bucks to boot. Did Todd go out with you?
[signature]
yea, Todd was there he only caught 3 and was getting a little ticked about it. But you know me I'd never rub it in.[Tongue] Have you been out for whites lately?

Bodine
[signature]
LOL, at least your kid lets you fish!

I just did a quick report, Jack and I had a very good fishing weekend. Nothing of any size but we managed four species each. The white fishing was a little slower than I wanted but we still got into them. They were definetly moving about and you had to just wait until they came thru again.
[signature]