Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report from Mon, Wed. and Fri.
I fished Bear Lake on Monday. Nice, calm day. Started at 10:30 finished at 1:00pm. Two limits (20) of whitefish. All fish caught on tube jigs/roadrunners. Fished east side of lake along rocky shoreline. Did not fish for anything else.

I also fished on Wednesday. Nice, calm day again! Started at 8:00am finished at 11:30. Three limits (30) whitefish. All fish caught on tube jigs/roadrunners. Fished east side of lake along rocky shoreline. Did not fish for anything else.

Fished BL on Friday with "Roughin' It Outdoors" TV crew. Started about 8:30 for whitefish. All fish caught on tube jigs/roadrunners. Fished east side of lake along rocky shoreline. Two limits (20) whitefish by 11:00am including a lot of filming about the techniques, biology, etc. of the whitefish. At about 11:00am, we then moved to approx. 50 feet of water (no depth finder) and targeted cutthroat. Limited with 4 fish in about 1.5 hours. One fish going almost 5lbs. Tubes tipped with cisco.
***Watch the show on Channel 2 on December 23rd.**** Even "baitcaster" and "trophy hunter" may show up on this video!
[signature]
Nice report Scott. I guess it wasn't you I say Thursday.

Bodine
[signature]
I probably would have fished Tues and Thurs if I was around. But I was in Logan on Tues. and down in SLC breathing? the inversion on Thursday! LOL. Anyway, I was "fished out". I forgot to mention that I also fished the previous Saturday, Friday, and Thursday! I've smoked the whitefish, fried them, baked them, and even pickled a few. Seems like as fast as I catch, clean and cook them the family and neighbors woof them down! Man the cutthroat fishing was fast on Friday. We quit due to time constraints, but the fishing was just getting good in the afternoon!
[signature]