Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bear
We tried our luck on the Bear again today and was a little better weather,we fished Gusses and the Rockpile and managed to boat 7 fish 5 cutts and 2 macks the biggest only 3# but its better than going to work.It was in the mid 20s and only 1 other boat on the water!! M.H.
[signature]
Isn't any day of fishing better than work? Smile [Wink] What were you using today?
[signature]
Yes,even if we would have got skunked its still better than work!!3/4 oz. tubes with cisco,pumpkinseed,white(glow) and also black. Most fish were cought in about 75ft.M.H.[cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
Did you see many fish on your fishfinder. I am finally headed back up there this Saturday, and I sure would like to get into a few (hey who am I kidding -- I would like to get into lots) of them.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile] Did you happen to try in close at all? 65 feet seems to be the depth for me. We are headed back over this Saturday to see if we can put the hurt on them again. Also what time did you get out there and how long did you fish for?
[signature]
We were on the water at 8:30 and loaded up at 3:30. we cought 2 cutts in 45ft. and worked our way out from there and the rest were in 75-80ft.and yes 65ft. usually is the ticket for me to but not this time!!Kent,there were plenty of marks on the graph!!M.H.
[signature]
Where on the lake are all of you going to be this weekend? I am going to be driving by and would like to throw rocks or something since I won't have my gear with me. I'll be in a red 97' Chev Silverado Z71 ext. cab. covered in road salt. I'm not familiar with the lake, but my girlfriend loves it and thinks I will too. We will be driving from Roosevelt so I will be passing within viewing distance of Strawberry, Jordanelle, Echo, Bear Lake, Flaming Gorge (because we are coming home that direction),and the Green River. AND I'M NOT TAKING MY FISHING GEAR???!!!
[signature]
Wow Curtisfish,

I don't know who does your trip itineraries for you, or perhaps you enjoy driving with your girlfriend, but if you pass by all of those places you definitely are not taking the most direct route! I will likely be in the general area of the rock pile at Bear Lake. There are plenty of rocks in the area -- thus it's name -- but it would be one heck of a throw to reach my boat.
[signature]