Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello is anyone out there fishing?
I can remember fishing the south fork of the snake years ago, in the winter. We used to park at Twin Bridges and bust a trail through the snow, upstream, and downstream, to fish. We did this in multiple locations on the river. It seemed nobody else was interested in walking through waste-deep snow to fish. We were the recipients of some very nice brown trout. Then someone took out one of the guys from the post register, and he wrote an article talking about the winter fishing. The next several months saw increasing traffic along the river, and the next several years it was no different from the summer. It may have been inevitable, but the article was certainly the catalyst for the winter pressure. I think it's just a little discouraging to work and find areas to fish, to figure out what to use, and be resourceful, and to potentially have that knowledge broadcast to the masses. It's hard to know what to really endorse, because I love to fish and want others to enjoy it, but I have also known the travesty of seeing my favorite waters trashed. But hey, if I were a reported I am sure I would feel differently.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by windriver - 02-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Re: [flygoddess] Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by bdn06 - 02-15-2007, 05:45 AM