Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Feb 16th-17th
Headed out for Bear lake Early Friday morning with Petty. Stopped and opened up the house to get it warmed up, Got the wheeler started to head out fishing. However the wind was blowing so hard up there Friday it was miserable.

Decided to sit it out for a while and see if it would die off. Sat in the house and watched satelite tv and hoped for a change but it didn't. Finally slowed down just before dark. We chalked it up to a day of kickin back. Went to town and ate a great meal at Steak house in Garden City. Its open Thur, Fri and Saturday nights. We had a killer meal.

Ater dinner hooked up with Fish1on at my place, had a cocktail and made plans for Saturday morning to get out and try and put the steel to them.

Saturday morning rang out spectacular. 20 degrees at the house just up from the condos, Clear as a bell and NO W.

We were on the ice at 0800 hrs. Myself, Petty, Fish1on and Jr, Bearlakefishguy and another friend of all of us from Garden City.

We were getting a few strikes and seeing fish on the finder. Both BLFG and I had a couple long line releases and a some strikes for petty.

MOved to another location and BLFG picked up some whites and I got one decent Cutt about 16 inches. The cutt swam away, NOt much to photograph.

Great day on the ice with great guys. Ice is about 14" on the west side. no problems getting off and on. It will be interesting to see what the weather does this week if we get warmer temps and rain up there.

I know it was my last trip up till soft water.
[signature]