Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PACKFAN'S 2006 UT. BULL

[signature]
Nice bull. Was that a late season muzzleload bull from down south? I think I saw that on the DWR web site.
[signature]
Nice bull packfan. Was it a hard hunt? I could imagine those late hunts beng tricky finding the bulls and all. Give us a story man.
[signature]
[Wink] Sweet, Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
nice bull. Packfan
[signature]
I did post it on the DWR, but I took the Bull with my rifle near Tabiona on a LE hunt.
[signature]
I actually drew a Premium LE tag and was able to hunt all the hunts. The only one I didn't participate in was the Muzzle loader hunt, with the wife and my annual Wy. deer hunt I just didn't have enough vacation. I had passed up some bulls that were broken up that would have scored in the 350-360 range and several with my bow that were upper 200's. This bull was actually running with another dozen or so bulls at the time I took him. He grossed 335 and was a little smaller than I was hoping to take with my rifle, but I was extremely pleased with the Devil Points he sported on each main beam making him a 7X7 I guess. All in all I guess I probably seen close to 200 different bulls on my 3 week hunt and deffinately had a blast. I spent the entire hunt on my own and only had some help from a buddy of mine from Fruitland during the caping and packing out. I killed the bull at 349 yards with my Model 70, 300 Win. Mag. this was the yardage according to my range finder. He is a younger bull, and is actually pretty good eating. I took him on the 15th of Nov. and let him age for 12 days before I cut him up. The pack out to my truck was about 3/4 mile and a pretty easy walk. Which made it nice for a 60 yr. old fat man. This will most likely be the last mature bull I will take in Utah as I plan on being retired in living in MT. or Wy. before I'm able to apply again.[cool]
[signature]
Congrats on taking the nice bull. Defenitely look good on the wall.
[signature]
Awesome bull!! and good story!
[signature]
Yea those devil points are realy cool. To be able to hunt and score a bull like that all un-guided makes it even that much better. You studdied and stalked your prey on your own and finished the job. In my opinion using a guide is not the same. It takes a little shine off the trophy when someone goes and pays big dollars for one. That just means they have a big checkbook instead of knowing how to hunt their prey. Kinda like going to a fish farm to get a 10lb rainbow. No challenge and anyone could do it.
Again congrats on a great bull.
[signature]