Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report (this evening)
Decided to fish Bear Lake this evening, despite the storm. I was glad I did. Hit the ice, along with my 9 year old at around 4:30.
There was a guy there who had a snowmobile and gave us ride out on the ice.

Immediately after we arrived, fish were hitting. I caught a few whitefish and told my son to get ready to reel in the next fish. I had a very light tap, hooked the fish, and gave my son the pole.

He finally got tired of trying to reel in the fish and gave me my pole back. After about a 10 minute fight, I finally got it in. It was about
23" long 4lb. cut. I had 4lb test (I was fishing for whitefish). That
is the hardest fight cut that I have ever caught.

It started to get dark and believe it or not, the guy came back and
gave us a ride in. I tried to pay him but he refused. There are some nice people out there!

I was catching the fish on my usual kure; 1/64 oz chartreuse jig. It
was tipped with a mealworm in about 40' of water. BTW, I was
fishing on the Rockpile.

Sorry, no pic's. You will have to take my word for it[unimpressed]
[signature]
I like to hear stories like that . it's great to have your kids out fishing with you . My son goes with me all of the time.
AFDan52
[signature]
thats an awsume story... ther is alot moore kind souls than most think. if we all showed up like that this world would shift! whats his reward? your Smile.
[signature]
Nice report CR, sounds like a fun evening on the ice. Sure is nice when people are so nice like that. WH2
[signature]
Great day when your kid tires them arms out!

Any whites?
[signature]
Sounds like a pretty sweet evening on the ice. Nice work on the young un landin some fish as well.
[signature]
Glad to hear you made it over again Jason. I will be up probably tuesday with TLSpyder13 and Out4aFloat. If you get a chanch swing by. You have my #.
[signature]
LH2,

If you are going to fish for whitefish, let me know, I will send you the GPS coords (if you would like).

JP
[signature]