Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Friday
Hit Bearlake again today. Fished the same spot (thank goodness for
a GPS). It was another great day; lots of fish and a heck of a lot
of suckers (see first pic).

It was cold, but sunny. The bigger whitefish where 17"-18". We kept about 10 and released the rest. I caught a cut in the 20" range
that I also released.

The best lure today was a green jig with a 1/32 oz white head
we were tipping our jigs with meal and wax worms.
We were fishing about 4" off the bottom. A soft jig seemed to trigger a lot of the strikes.

I have never seen fish bite so softly. Switching to 4lb test really
helped us. We caught 25-30 fish. If you have kids, take them to Bearlake for some great fishing.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22144;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22145;]
[signature]
Looks like another great day. Hope we find some Tuesday. I don't even care if they are chubs I just want to fish.
[signature]
Spider,

I told LH2 I would send GPS coord's to where I was fishing. If one of you have a GPS, let me know and I will send them over.
[signature]
Thanks, that would be great. I could swipe my dads since he hardly ever uses it anyways. Not sure where we are going but if in the area it would be nice to have.
[signature]
Nice photos! We were the guys that gave a ride back to the truck when you were leaving. I guess we should have talked a little bit more after your son caught that nice whitey. The other guys that showed up later and fished with us moved over to your holes and caught nothing but suckers. That was the magical hole yesterday for any kind of fish. We all had the skunk on. Nice job on taking your kid fishing and showing him what fun is all about.
Crestliner,

I can't thank you enough for the ride. I packed out waaaaay too much gear. I am buying a snowmobile for next year. I don't know
what the deal was catching all those suckers but I have never caught so many in one trip. Thanks for helping my son with that
fish. I was recording video at the time. I tried to load it on this
post but it wouldn't work; probably too big and I don't know how
to reduce video file sizes.

Jason
[signature]
We'll be close to the rock pile. Slip Spyder the coords and we will try it. Thanks Jason.
[signature]