Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDFISH THICK IN VENICE
[font "Arial"]Fished yesterday with Mrs. Susan Gros and her counterpart, Mrs. Susan Atchley. Had no plans of fishing or even being in Venice yesterday, but I'm in business to put people on the water! I have to admit though, I never let my Nextel get to far from me, I was hoping that Mrs. Susan would radio me and cancel! The forcast was NOT GOOD, however the day turned out differently. [/font]

[font "Arial"]We began the morning in 10mph winds out of the east and by 9am it was more like 2mph out of the east. Thankfully the river fog waited on us. We were able to get out safely and made it to our first destination in a very well hidden pond. [/font]

[font "Arial"]The water in my little pond was not exactly what I was hoping for, but the reds didnt seem to mind. We immedietly got bites and soon hooked up! It wasnt long before Mrs. Susan hooked the horse of teh pond! In 2ft of water we watched as a massive bull red destroyed the entire water collumn in that pond! That big boy had no business in this skinny water. And Mrs Susan let him know! After about a 15minute battle, we able to net the beast. Thats when it cost ME. These fish are POWERFUL! AS I was holding this monster, he decided he was a little tougher than what my 6' 210lb frame was. One good buck by the horse of the pond and he was out of my grasp. Instead of landing back in the water, he decided to power bomb one of my rods! SNAP! Broke my graphite stick right in half! [/font]

[font "Arial"]After this FIASCO, we manage to Boga grip him. Believe me, I had the wrist sling on too! He bottomed out a 30lb Boga While we snapped several pictures. Despite what I WANTED TO DO TO HIM, we revived him and released him to continue on with his life. [/font]

[font "Arial"]We continued fishing in the pond catching quite a few more reds. We averaged about 8-10lbs on the fish, but had two more that were close to Horses. It was really unusual to see so many big fish in the shallow ponds. [/font]

[font "Arial"]Once the pressure was off and the day was sucessful no matter what, we went after some slimmy fish! I made a decent little run to one of my favorite spots for trout this time of year. When we fist arrived I was excited. GREEN water everywhere! Looked like the trout bite would be ON!.......NOT! For whatever reason they just decided not bite. We worked the edges of cane and alse made some open water drifts. Our results were 2 reds and 2 trout. Not exactly impressive. Last year I hammered the trout in this area while the river was high. SO far I've been disappointed in this spot. But you never know, It could turn on tommorrow. [/font]

[font "Arial"]By this time it was 1:20pm so we decided to head it in. As I was comming in we began hitting backs of fog. IN some spots it was a good thing I knew where I was going! Visabilty was near zero! It wasnt solid however and we would come right out of it. It was a funny feeling to go from warm to cold pockets of air on the river. 10+ degree differences in a VERY short distance. Thankfully we didnt have the fog like the had upriver. It was DENSE up the road. [/font]

[font "Arial"]Pretty nice day despite the forcast. WE even had a few intervals of sunshine! My guests for the day were TOP NOTCH LADY FISHERMAN! AND a PLEASURE to spend the day with. I cant wait to fish the IWFA Ladies Tournament with their entire group of lady fisherman. [/font]

[font "Arial"]FOR A REEL SHOT AT THE FISHING TRIP OF A LIFETIME, BOOK A TRIP WITH REEL SHOT GUIDE SERVICE!
985-969-0810 [/font]
[signature]
now thats one for the books , bad weather , a broken rod , one ticked off fish ! and all this at work ?

whats that old saying , a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work ?

what kind of saying do you get to use ?

one thing for sure , getting paid to fish has got to be pretty cool !
[signature]