Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Sunday
Sunday, 03/11/07- Hit the water early (5:00 am). Anchored near Las Vegas Wash, chummed a ton. Slow action until 8:00 am. then the window closed. Seven small stripers in the box. Moved, anchored over fish near Sand Island, chummed a ton. Nothing. Returned to the Wash, repeated the process, added one more small striper to the box. Off the water by 11:00. Nice Day to be on the water.
BaySport
[signature]
Hello BaySport,

Went out saturday 3-10 caught a 5.12 lb,4.0 lb, 3.0 lb and my wife caught a 2.6 lb fish. we were trolling the b-5 cove area. Also was out sunday only caught one 2lb and lost another right at the boat. It was great weather to be out on the lake.

stripercraze
[signature]
Glad to hear the trolling is paying off. Talked to a nice guy in a Kennard center console boat Sunday at the ramp while loading. He had a 15 lb. striper caught on an O. Henry lure at Hemenway.
[signature]
Went out to Lake Mead on Sat 10th of March got to small stripers then went into fish by the tires at the marina satthe pole down in the boat had my first hit of the day and the darn fish took the whole POLE OUT OF THE BOAT 200 dollar rod and reel so if anybody catches a Shimano Curado reel and Dave Scadden pole combo please let me know, gone like a missle out of the boat, went home got ready for the Nascar race on sunday then went back to Utah. Slow fishing
[signature]
What a bummer! I'll make sure that I always use the pole holders from now on.
BaySport
[signature]
I have a friend that has installed a trolling plate on his out drive. They sell them at Bass Pro and Cabelas and I am sure any local boat store or check with the vendor of your boat. When I troll my Boat speed is between 2 & 4 mph. Otherwise alot of people troll with electric motors.

Stripercraze
[signature]