Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake - My last ice trip of this season
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hit the Bear today and the warm weather has taken it's toll. We fished the East Side today and the edges are going fast. It was two steps through water to get to the ice, which is still 12".[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The fishing off 1st Point was real slow. I think I saw 4 fish on the sonar all day (not counting bait schools) and the only one that would hit got to see the intense sunshine pounding down on the rotting ice. It was a little 3 lb mini-mack that was released. Eric caught his only hit, a nice native cutthroat. Those sure are pretty trout. It was so warm I set up the shelter 1/2 way to get a little shade.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Anyway, it's official. My ice season has now come to an end. It's been a good one with lots of fun trips. It was great to have the Bear freeze over this year for a substantial portion of the winter. Guess it's time to prep the boat and start focusing on open water again. I've got two rods I'm just finishing up and are screaming to go bendo![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 3]Hopefully we can get another big freeze on Bear next year. I had a great time on the Bear the few times I got up there. I had a good ice fishing season. I cant complain, I got a snowmobile now. Had one hell of a trip to Strawberry this year. Finally got my hunting buddy addicted to ice fishing. Managed to ice fish my favorite Lake- Moon Lake. I fished a bunch of different waters, with a bunch of different people! [/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, that trip to the Berry was fun. Dave says he wants to do it again. That's a definite repeat. You and Nat going to ride snowmobiles around the parking lot in the middle of the night (-20 below) in swimming attire next year?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Glad you could make it up again Rich. Too bad we didn't get in a few more trips together this winter....oh how time flies. Next year will likely be a bust for me...oh well.
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You and Nat going to ride snowmobiles around the parking lot in the middle of the night (-20 below) in swimming attire next year?[/size][/black][/font] [/reply]

OH Man, i think i just threw up alittle bit.
[signature]

[reply]
[size 1]Glad you could make it up again Rich. Too bad we didn't get in a few more trips together this winter....oh how time flies. Next year will likely be a bust for me...oh well.[/size]
[/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ain't that the truth! Icefishing goes too fast! We'll find some time next winter to do it again. You'll be able to break away at least one trip. You can't miss first ice on the Berry! Guess our mutual friend will be out of the states and miss next year's and possibly the year after's fun.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
it's Sad that the ice season is over but just think of all the fun we all will have on the soft stuff. here it comes. [cool]
[signature]
My last ice trip was at BL also and all my stuff has been put away since. Thanks again for the help with the bear Rich.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You and Nat going to ride snowmobiles around the parking lot in the middle of the night (-20 below) in swimming attire next year?
[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][red][size 3]Anything is possible, definitely with some liquid agave courage![/size][/red][/font][Wink]
[signature]
He's just afraid of being out fished again! Sure won't be as much fun without him.
[signature]
I was wondering if anyone was going to make one last trip to the Bear. Too bad the catching was so slow but at least you got out to give it a try, thanks for sharing. It's going to be tough to find a place to fish this coming weekend[unsure].
[signature]
I hope our mutual friend returns with every thing in working order. Not exactly what I have in mind for my retirement celebration. I certainly wish him the best. gshorthair
[signature]